After teasing us with posters and short videos, the makers of Article 15 finally dropped the promised trailer today, as promised. If you thought the 45 second video released on the 27th of May was gripping, then think again.
The just dropped trailer shows how important Article 15 of the Indian Constitution truly is. The almost three minutes long video shows a village divided by caste and religion, with two girls getting raped and subsequently, murdered for trying to get what they are owed. Watch the trailer here and now.
Let’s be Indians: Firstly and Lastly— Ayushmann Khurrana (@ayushmannk) May 30, 2019
Presenting #Article15Trailerhttps://t.co/HQcLsngarZ #Article15 in cinemas on June 28th @anubhavsinha #ManojPahwa #IshaTalwar @sayanigupta @Mdzeeshanayyub #KumudMishra @ZeeStudios_ @ZeeMusicCompany pic.twitter.com/BIH9FSD4fF
The trailer shows how two girls from a lower caste are raped for the mere mistake of asking for a raise of Rs. 3. When Ayushmann Khurrana arrives at the scene, he realises everyone, from the senior officials to the villagers, live their lives based on what caste or religion they belong. Looking at the intense discrimination, Khurrana brings out the importance of Article 15 of the Indian Constitution.
According to Article 15, no person can or should be discriminated against on the basis of caste, religion, sex or place of birth. With the film, Anubhav Sinha and Team Article 15 take a stark look at what happens when those in power don’t implement the law, in this case, Article 15 of the Constitution of India.
Directed by Anubhav Sinha, this movie is reportedly based on the 2014 Badaun rape case, which shook the entire Country when it happened. Apart from Ayushmann Khurrana, this movie also stars Isha Talwar, M. Nassar, Manoj Pahwa, Sayani Gupta, Kumud Mishra, and Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub.
Co produced by Anubhav Sinha and Zee Studios, Article 15 is scheduled to hit the screens on the 28th of June.
Amitabh Bachchan’s Plan For His Birthday
Amitabh Bachchan, who turns 77 today, has a lot to talk about when it comes to celebrating his birthday. During a recent interview, when asked how he wants to celebrate his birthday this year, the veteran actor was quick to reply, “What is there to celebrate? It’s a day like any other. I’m grateful that I am still working, that my body is able to keep pace with my spirit.” The actor asked his well wishers to pray for his good health.
Amitabh Bachchan reminisced his childhood birthdays, when his father and renowned poet Harivansh Rai Bachchan would compose and recite poems on the special occasion. Amitabh Bachchan also recalled after his life threatening injury on the sets of Coolie, his father broke down while reciting poems on his birthday.
Amitabh Bachchan also revealed how the birthday rituals changed over the years and said, “My father’s poetry is much missed, as is my mother’s excitement on that day. The annual ritual of cake cutting no longer interests me. It has been replaced by a plate of dry fruits.”
Even though the actor refuses to celebrate his birthday, Amitabh Bachchan’s social media pages are flooded with birthday wishes from around the world.
— Filmfare (@filmfare) October 10, 2019
I pledge a 100 trees for #CauveryCalling for the wise man who once said 'Change is the nature of life but challenge is the future of life, so challenge the changes, never change the challenges😇 Happy birthday Amitji 🙏✨ @SrBachchan
— Juhi Chawla (@iam_juhi) October 11, 2019
“You are not a drop in the ocean, you are an entire ocean in a drop.”
Wishing you a very happy birthday sir @SrBachchan.
— Suresh Raina🇮🇳 (@ImRaina) October 11, 2019
Happy & loving birthday wishes for our very dear friend, from struggle days, the nation's favorite icon ‘personality in totality’ @SrBachchan. He was branded as India's 1st ‘Angry Young Man’ for his intense personality in Zanjeer, Deewar, Trishul, Kala Pathar, Lawaris pic.twitter.com/hipAtRFoTO
— Shatrughan Sinha (@ShatruganSinha) October 11, 2019
— Kriti Sancheti (@KritiSancheti1) October 11, 2019
Mango Bollywood wishes Amitabh Bachchan, one of India’s most versatile actors, a very happy birthday and a great year ahead.
Ranbir Kapoor Birthday – Unknown Facts
Bollywood’s favorite mama’s boy, Ranbir Kapoor, turns 37 today. Known for movies like Wake Up Sid (2009,) Rockstar (2011,) Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013) and Sanju (2018,) Ranbir Kapoor has become a heartthrob of every Indian girl. On his birthday, let’s look at some of the lesser known facts about the actor.
Unknown facts about Ranbir Kapoor
1) Known as the casanova of Bollywood, Ranbir Kapoor once admitted on a talk show he drunk dialled a particular ex quite a few times.
2) A complete mama’s boy, Ranbir Kapoor’s diet plan is designed by his mother, Neetu Singh. His mother even used to cut his nails until the actor moved out of his family home.
3) It is well known Ranbir Kapoor is a well trained tabla player. However, the actor is also trained in jazz and ballet. He also learned to play guitar for his film Rockstar.
4) A hardcore foodie, Ranbir Kapoor really loves his mother’s cooking. Out of all the dishes, Ranbir loves the bhindi curry, jungli mutton and paya cooked by Neetu Singh.
5) Ranbir Kapoor has a strange habit of adding up digits from number plates of various vehicles he encounters during his daily commute.
6) Ranbir Kapoor suffers from a condition called Nasal Deviated Spectrum, which makes the actor talk and eat fast.
7) Ranbir Kapoor’s first Bollywood film was Prem Granth, starring his father Rishi Kapoor. Ranbir worked as an assistant director for the film.
8) Ranbir Kapoor’s favorite number is 8. This is because his mother’s birthday falls on 8th July and also because he loves the design of the number.
9) Ranbir Kapoor’s idol is Al Pacino. The only reason he chose to study method acting at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute is because Al Pacino went there. While at college, Ranbir made over 300 short films.
10) During his teen years, Ranbir Kapoor had a huge crush on Avantika Malik, who married actor Imran Khan in 2011.
Here’s wishing the handsome actor Ranbir Kapoor a very happy birthday and a great year ahead.
Randeep Hooda Birthday – Four Best Movies Of The Actor
Randeep Hooda turns a year older today. This talented and versatile actor is known for taking up challenges and working on movies for the sake of art rather than money. On Randeep Hooda’s 43rd birthday, let’s take a look at some of his most iconic movies.
Four best movies of Randeep Hooda
1) D (2005)
D was Randeep Hooda’s first lead appearance in a movie. Directed by Ram Gopal Varma, D is based on D-Company, a real life Mumbai underworld organization. The movie follows Deshu, played by Hooda, as he turns from an innocent mechanic to a notorious crime lord. Randeep Hooda’s performance in the movie was praised by many, with film critic Taran Adarsh appreciating Hooda’s ability to change his expressions like a chameleon.
2) Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai (2010)
Randeep Hooda gained public recognition after appearing in the period action drama Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai, alongside Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi, Kangana Ranaut and Prachi Desai. Hooda played the role of a cop, ACP Agnel Wilson and despite limited screen time, he managed to impress the audience and critics alike with his performance. Many compared his screen presence to that of Amitabh Bachchan and the role bought subsequent success to Hooda, after 5 years of struggle.
3) Highway (2014)
Directed by Imtiaz Ali, Highway is the story of Veera Tripathi (Alia Bhatt,) who finds freedom after getting kidnapped. Randeep Hooda portrayed the role of the kidnapper, Mahabir Bhati Gujjar, in the movie. Hooda prepared for the role with all sincerity and in an effort to maintain distance from Alia Bhatt’s character, did not speak to the actress for 25 days. Randeep Hooda was praised for his performance, especially for lending authenticity to his character with his perfect Haryanvi accent.
4) Sarbjit (2016)
Directed by Omung Kumar, Sarbjit is a biographical film based on Sarabjit Singh, an Indian who was sentenced to death by the Pakistan Supreme Court. Randeep Hooda portrayed the title role of Sarabjit Singh and in order to prepare for the role, lost 18 kg in 28 days. Despite the movie receiving mixed reviews, Hooda was praised for his incredible and raw performance in the film.
Randeep Hooda is not scared of taking on challenges and continues to impress the audience and critics with his movies. Here’s wishing Randeep Hooda a very happy birthday and a great year ahead.
Ranveer Singh Birthday – Looking At Some Of The Best Performances By The Actor
B-town’s most energetic star Ranveer Singh celebrates his 34th birthday today. Ever since he made his debut in 2010, Singh has been the center of attention with his jaw dropping acting skills, flamboyance, energy and an out of the box fashion statement. From being the cute and innocent wedding planner in his debut film, to essaying the role of a powerful tyrant, this man is a true representation of versatility.
On the occasion of his birthday, let us take a look at some of his most impressive performances on the silver screen.
1) Band Baaja Baaraat (2010)
In his debut film Band Baaja Baaraat, Ranveer Singh was seen playing the quintessential Delhi boy Bittoo Sharma, who wants to start his own business. Ranveer Singh’s acting style and accent in this film were so convincing, people thought he was actually from Delhi. His effortless dance moves and quirky dialogues made Band Baaja Baaraat one of the most successful films of that year. With his power packed performance in his debut film, he sent a strong message to the world—he is here to stay.
2) Lootera (2013)
Lootera is one gem which easily gets lost in Singh’s flashy filmography. Marking a contrast from his energetic personality, Lootera saw Ranveer Singh take up the role of Varun Shrivastav, an archeologist who falls in love with a local landlord’s daughter. This film was a testament to his depth and vast potential as an actor. Though Lootera underperformed at the box office, Ranveer’s performance got widespread applause from the critics and the audience.
3) Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela (2013)
We must say, Sanjay Leela Bhansali is a true star maker. Though his performances in his previous films were appreciated, it was Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela which gave Ranveer Singh the name and fame he deserves. This film saw Ranveer essaying the role of a quirky, feisty person and an intense lover. The character, which was loud and dramatic, played to the actor’s strengths and Ranveer portrayed it remarkably well. His mesmerizing dance moves and chemistry with Deepika Padukone became the talk of the town. Ram-Leela was the first Rs. 100 crore film of Ranveer Singh’s career.
4) Padmaavat (2018)
What can we even say about this one? The Bhansali directorial Padmaavat saw Ranveer taking up the role of a self centered, gruesome ruler, Alauddin Khilji, who gets obsessed with Rani Padmavati’s beauty. From his physique and body language to accent, Singh transformed everything about himself to get into the skin of this character. Ranveer absorbed every detail of this character and played it with utmost perfection on screen. Though it was a negative role, Ranveer Singh’s acting brilliance was such, Khilji was the most loved character of 2018.
5) Gully Boy (2019)
This year, we saw the energised bunny in a completely different avatar. In the Zoya Akhtar directorial Gully Boy, Ranveer Singh took up the subdued role of Murad, an underdog with high ambitions. Ranveer Singh changed his physique and body language yet again to suit the troubled ‘gully’ rapper. With this film, he proved to the world not just his versatile acting skills, but also his rapping abilities. Though Gully Boy had a niche subject, riding on Ranveer’s acting skills, it crossed the prestigious Rs. 100 crore mark.
With his last three films collecting Rs. 600 crores net at the Indian box office and his films such as ’83 yet to come, we must say, Ranveer Singh is quickly escalating towards superstardom.
We wish this handsome hunk, Ranveer Singh, a very happy birthday and many more successful years ahead.
Arjun Kapoor Birthday – Looking At The Actor’s Bollywood Journey
B-town’s handsome hunk Arjun Kapoor turns a year older today. Though his acting capabilities are not really appreciated by the mainstream audiences, we must say, he was instrumental in delivering some memorable characters. I mean, who can forget Krish from 2 States? On the occasion of his 34th birthday, let us look at Arjun Kapoor’s journey in Bollywood.
1) Starting off as a director
Arjun Kapoor, the son of Boney Kapoor and late Mona Shourie Kapoor, was born to an influential film family and was passionate about filmmaking since childhood. He worked as an assistant director for Nikhil Advani’s Kal Ho Na Ho (2003) and Salaam-e-Ishq (2007.) He was even an associate producer for No Entry (2005) and Wanted (2009) which were bankrolled by his father’s production house. Back then, Kapoor was not keen on taking up acting as a profession. He was more inclined towards directing.
2) An advice that changed his life
It was Salman Khan who advised Arjun Kapoor to consider acting. Salman Khan believed Arjun Kapoor was meant for acting. This piece of advice from Salman Khan changed Arjun Kapoor’s life. Kapoor made his Bollywood debut as an actor with Ishaqzaade (2012,) alongside Parineeti Chopra. With this film, he got a nod from the audience as the movie made Rs. 87 crores at the box office.
3) Rise to fame
After the success of his debut film, Arjun Kapoor starred in Aurangzeb (2013,) which did not go well with the audience. His 2014 release, Gunday, also did not receive good reviews, but managed to collect Rs. 120 crores at the box office. The failure of these films, however, did not lower his spirits. In the later years of his career, Arjun Kapoor delivered some really good performances in films like 2 States (2014) and Ki & Ka (2016,) in which his power packed acting was appreciated by the critics as well as the audience. His 2019 release, India’s Most Wanted, received mixed reviews.
4) Love life
Ever since his foray into Bollywood, Arjun Kapoor has been making news for his relationships with female contemporaries. Arjun Kapoor reportedly dated Salman’s sister Arpita Khan for a period of over two years. He was also rumored to be dating Sonakshi Sinha for a brief period. Now, he is dating Malaika Arora and seems pretty happy with her. Time and again rumors of his wedding with Malaika keep circulating, only for the duo to deny them.
Apart from this, Arjun Kapoor has some really trustworthy friends in Bollywood. Arjun Kapoor is close friends with 2 States co star Alia Bhatt and Gunday co star Ranveer Singh. Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor have been friends through thick and thin.
On the work front, Arjun Kapoor will be seen in Ashutosh Gowariker’s Panipat, which is slated to release in December this year.
We wish this handsome hunk, Arjun Kapoor, a very happy birthday and many more successful years ahead.
- Shah Rukh Khan Birthday – Best Dialogues By The King Of Romance
- Kareena Kapoor Khan To Unveil T20 World Cup Trophies
- Things We Learned About Shah Rukh Khan From His Interview On David Letterman’s Show
- Akshay Kumar Donates To Flood Stricken Families In Bihar
- Pati Patni Aur Woh To Recreate Ankhiyon Se Goli Maare
- Housefull 4 – Day 1 Box Office Collection
- Bollywood Stars Celebrate 150 Years Of Mahatma Gandhi
- Deepika Padukone Becomes Ambassador For Bharat Ki Laxmi Initiative
- Parineeti Chopra About Turning Another Year Older
- Dev Anand And Suraiya – A Tragic Love Story
- Priyanka Chopra And Parineeti Chopra To Lend Voices For Frozen 2 Hindi Version
- Rajkummar Rao About The Remake Of 1975 Movie Chupke Chupke
- This Is How Long It Took To Get Remake Rights Of The Bala Song
- Farhan Akhtar Suffers Injury During Toofan Shoot
- Shahid Kapoor To Star In Another Telugu Movie’s Remake
- Rajkummar Rao Draws Inspiration From Real Life For Made In China
- Amitabh Bachchan’s Plan For His Birthday
- The Sky Is Pink Movie Review
- Still From Upcoming Film Sooryavanshi Released
- Kiara Advani’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Vidya Balan Heads To Imperial College London
- Hrithik Roshan Opens Up About The Success Of War
- Akshay Kumar Unveils His First Look From Laxmmi Bomb
- Vicky Kaushal’s Extreme Weight Loss For Sardar Udham Singh
- Ayushmann Khurrana Reveals His Plans For 2020
- S S Rajamouli Mahabharata Imaginary Character Sketches: See Pics
- Megastar Chiranjeevi Film Khaidi No.150 Beats Dangal Records
- S S Rajamouli Breaks Silence On Madhuri Dixit And Surya Being Part Of Baahubali 2
- Sunny Leone Gives A SOLID Reply To RGV On His Shameless Tweets: Watch Video
- Shocking! Salman Khan Worried About Prabhas Baahubali 2
- Bollywood Remade Songs Through The Years
- Baahubali filmmaker SS Rajmouli Next Is Trilogy Based On Mahabharata!
- Rajamouli’s Mahabharatha To Star 3 Big Superstars From Different Industries
- O Meri Mehbooba Actress, Natasa Stankovic, Shimmers!
- Indian Celebrities WhatsApp Conversation On Khaidi No150