The Conjuring series set the bar quite high for scary movies as a genre, both for Hollywood and Bollywood. However, way before the first part of Conjuring even came out, there were a lot more scarier movies produced in Bollywood. If you are having just as bluesy a Monday as I am, then this list is perfect for you.
1. Aap Mujhe Ache Lagte Hain
Bollywood forgot how to make good movies with this one. With desperately cheesy dialogues and an overly retold script, Aap Mujhe Ache Lagte Hain was an extremely scary remake of Kaho Na Pyaar Hai. Watch only at your own risk and do not, at any cost, watch it alone.
2. Tees Maar Khan
If Akshay Kumar’s overacting and Katrina Kaif’s lack of expression was not scary enough, then Raghu Ram and his brother appearing as conjoined twins should definitely do the trick. This one will definitely give The Conjuring a run for its money!
3. RGV Ki Aag
Ram Gopal Varma wanted to make a film on his name and failed. If it was a horror movie, then it would have been a surefire hit. At one point, RGV was Anurag Kashyap 1.0. However, this remake of Sholay was so terrifyingly bad, most of us could not even finish watching the movie.
Naah, I believe none of us could be brave enough to watch this and then sleep alone at night.
Rudraksh as a movie got a 2.7 rating on 10 according to IMDb and gave Sunil Shetty blue eyes. If not the rating,
Everything that could go wrong with this movie went wrong. Not only was the movie stupid, it defied all logic and was also vulgar and humourless. A scary movie which makes your blood curl.
What happens when you put Sajid Khan and Saif Ali Khan together, a proper, scary mess. That is exactly what happened with Humshakals. This Saif Ali Khan starrer got a 1.78 rating on IMDb and what was scary about this film is the fact that cross dressing is a funny thing even in the 21st century.
8. Chandni Chowk To China
While this may have been Deepika Padukone’s second movie in Bollywood, it definitely was not Akshay Kumar’s. Ashok Kumar scared all of us with his pretentious acting and Deepika upset us by not acting. Oops.
9. Mission Istaanbul: Darr Ke Agey Jeet Hai
A famous journalist gets stuck in a news company which is actually an organised crime front. What. How does that even work? The scary plot and a scarier idea are what forms the crux of this movie. Stay away!
Even Aamir Khan could not save this horror of a movie. A mela of errors maketh this movie a horror on the eyes.
Top Five Bollywood Iconic Villain Lines
We might always be smitten by the romantic lines dropped at random by our favourite Bollywood heroes. However, how often do we remember the badass villains and their kickass dialogues? To make your Thursday better, we bring to you five iconic villains that are still so scary, sleep becomes evasive!
1. Gabbar Singh: Sholay
Iconic line: Kitne Aadmi The?
2. Mogambo: Mr. India
Iconic line: Mogambo Khush Hua!
3. Prem: Bobby
Iconic line: Prem naam hai mera, Prem Chopra.
4. Crime Master Gogo: Andaaz Apna Apna
Iconic line: Aankhen nikaal kar gotiyan khelunga.
5. Chaudrey Baldev Singh: Dilwale Dulhaniye Le Jayenge
These are definitely our top five favourite villains in the history of Bollywood. Vote and let us know if you think we missed someone on the list.
Daisy Shah Look Out For Race 3!
Race 3, the third instalment of the Race series, keeps getting bigger and better every day. From the beginning of this week, Salman Khan has been sharing looks from the movie, keeping us hooked with every new look.
— Salman Khan (@BeingSalmanKhan) March 21, 2018
— Salman Khan (@BeingSalmanKhan) March 20, 2018
— Salman Khan (@BeingSalmanKhan) March 19, 2018
Finally, after a long wait, we have been given a glimpse into what to expect from the leading lady, Daisy Shah. The first look of Daisy as Sanjana shows her as bold and ready for battle. Check it out here!
— Salman Khan (@BeingSalmanKhan) March 22, 2018
With new additions and a new director, one of the familiar faces seen from the last two series is going to be Anil Kapoor. Directed by Remo D’ Souza, Race 3 is scheduled to hit the screens on 15 June this year.
Hichki: Reasons To Watch!
What’s life without a few hiccups? The tagline of Rani Mukherjee’s much awaited movie, Hichki, is based on overcoming all of life’s hiccups. After taking a break from the silver screen since the birth of her child, Rani is back with a bang. Directed by Siddharth P. Malhotra, here are four reasons to watch this Rani Mukherjee starrer!
1. Bollywood dealing with physical impairment
Bollywood has tried to become more than just a platform for drama. With movies like Water, Earth and Margherita With A Straw, our filmmakers are trying to give us meaningful cinema to look forward. Hichki is just one such film which deals with the fact that even though you have a life filled with an impairment as serious and untreatable like Tourettes, you still fight to make the best out of what you have been given.
2. A student teacher relationship
As a country, India has always maintained a gap between the student and the teacher. Teachers are always given an inaccessible position. In Hichki, Rani’s character tries breaking these stereotypes and establishing a new ground. She has tried to show us that the world does not need to be the way it is and if you want to, you can get the change you need.
3. A Yash Raj Films Project
When Yash Raj Films gets associated with a film, one can only expect brilliance. Every film they have been associated with is nothing short of cinematic excellence and going by the early reviews, Hichki promises to be worth the wait!
4. Rani Mukherjee
Considering how Rani has always been invested in the character she portrays and understands the sensibilities of it, her role of a determined teacher looks promising in the Siddharth P Malhotra directorial. Also, looking back at how she has earlier presented the life challenges of those with disabilities in the 2005 film Black, Hichki leaves us excited to see Rani back in action.
- Top Five Bollywood Iconic Villain Lines
- Karan Singh Grover’s facts you did not know.
- Daisy Shah Look Out For Race 3!
- Blackmail Song, Bewafa Beauty, Is Out! Listen Here
- Hichki: Reasons To Watch!
- Ayushmann Khurrana Rare And Unseen Pictures
- On Rani Mukherjee’s Birthday, Here Is Looking At Her Top Five Women Oriented Movies
- Theherja, The First Song From October Is Seeped In Nature And Melody
- Total Dhamaal Promises To Be Another Laughter Riot
- Manmarziyan First Look Out And It Looks Promising
- Bollywood Babies Rocking 2018
- 5 Bollywood movies inspired from the South.
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety Enters The 100 Crores Club
- Jacqueline Fernandez Fails To Be The Madhuri Dixit We Are Used To
- Shriya Saran Ties The Knot!
- Varun Dhawan Rare And Unknown Facts
- Sara Ali Khan Confirmed For Simmba!
- Katrina Kaif Rare And Unseen Pictures
- October Theme Song Out On Public Demand!
- Madhuri Dixit Replaces Sridevi In Shiddat
- Race 3 New Poster Is More Exciting Than The Others
- Ek Do Teen, The Sizzling Song From Baaghi 2 Is Here. And How!
- Remo D’ Souza To Make The Biggest Dance Film Of 2019!
- Happy Birthday Hiroo Johar!
- Lead Lady Finalised For Hindi Remake Of The Fault In Our Stars
- S S Rajamouli Mahabharata Imaginery Character Sketches: See Pics
- Megastar Chiranjeevi Film Khaidi No.150 Beats Dangal Records
- S S Rajamouli Breaks Silence On Madhuri Dixit And Surya Being Part Of Baahubali 2
- Sunny Leone Gives A SOLID Reply To RGV On His Shameless Tweets: Watch Video
- Shocking! Salman Khan Worried About Prabhas Baahubali 2
- Baahubali filmmaker SS Rajmouli Next Is Trilogy Based On Mahabharata!
- Rajamouli’s Mahabharatha To Star 3 Big Superstars From Different Industries
- Indian Celebrities WhatsApp Conversation On Khaidi No150
- Kangana Ranaut Opens Up About Her Fight With Prabhas
- Dangal Box Office Collections | 42 Days Collections