Bollywood has always shown us movies are larger than life. Bollywood has always told us we need to escape real life through the tales they spin and the webs they weave. While we are on the same page for the most part, there are some movies which definitely work hard to challenge our intellect. Here are a few movies whose endings are so bizarre, the entire plot of the movie is lost.
1. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
While I am a closeted Kuch Kuch Hota Hai fan, the movie makes no sense. Anjali loved Rahul but Rahul loved Tina and Tina loved him back. They got married, had a child and Tina promptly passed away. Eight years later, Rahul’s kid sets out to meet her namesake who is now engaged to Aman (Salman Khan) who plays the perfect stalker. While the plot seems fairly text book so far, the ending is just very off book. Rahul realises he loves Anjali and Aman just had to give her away at their wedding. What on earth was the entire 2 and a half hours before this about then?
2. Delhi 6
Normal people pass away and go to wherever they are meant to go to. However, not in this movie. Abhishek Bachchan’s character life ends and unlike normal people, he meets his grandfather, eats jalebis with him and then comes back to life like it’s nobody’s business. Meanwhile, Sonam Kapoor and a pigeon share a funny love story. Only Ekta Kapoor has been known to shed a tear or more for this particular film. The rest of us just cried because of the sheer idiocy.
Bollywood has taught us grand gestures are the way to happily forever afters. However, this does not mean the gestures always make sense. Take Parineeta for example. Saif Ali Khan’s character fought against all odds to find his way back to his wife, Vidya Balan. Did he really have to uproot a fountain and do it though? If the wall he broke through was an Ambuja Cements product, the company would have shut down long, long ago!
4. Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani
This movie taught us a lot of things. The main one being, if he does not love you, then just let him go already! In this movie, however, logic is just lost towards the end. “Did you miss the shot the first time? No problem. Here is another bullet.” This essentially forms the principal plot of Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani. Why Bollywood? Why do you reinforce this stalker like tendencies?
Have you ever eaten a dish thinking it was paneer but it turns out it really was soya chunks? Well, Taalash is exactly like that. What starts off as a pretty interesting crime thriller turns out to be a story about really well dressed, vengeful ghost. Why you do this to us? Just why?
A love triangle and a happy ending is not an uncommon script in Bollywood. However, one gets very Kuch Kuch Hota Hai feels from this particular movie. The only different thing here? The girl gives her best friend the boy. My problem with Cocktail is simple. It is a “cocktail” of a lot of things and the end result is really not appetising. Yech.
Movies like this make us stop and think about all the time we could have spent doing something else. I mean, come on guys, we want entertainment, but we also want a little bit of sense at the end of the road. Right?
Karan Singh Grover’s facts you did not know.
While we all know him as Bipasha Basu’s husband, many do not know he is an actor and has an immense female fan following in the televison industry. Most of them remember him as Dr. Armaan Malik from Dill Mill Gayye or as Mr. Khan/Azad Ahmed Khan from Qubool hai. Karan Singh Grover is coming back with another film Firrkie under Ankush Bhatt’s direction, produced by Snow Velvet Media Works Pvt., Ltd., and Shree Ram Productions. According to the rumour mills the movie is scheduled to release during July 2018.
Here are some unknown facts about Karan Singh Grover.
1. Did you know in his free time he does infinity art? Yes! That’s right. Karan singh Grover likes painting and is creative.
2. He does yoga and is a gym freak.
3. Karan and Bipasha are known as the fittest couple in B’Town.
4. He will soon be seen in Ekta Kapoor’s Alt Balaji’s Webseries Judaai.
5. In 2013, he was one of the highest paid actors in the television industry.
On Rani Mukherjee’s Birthday, Here Is Looking At Her Top Five Women Oriented Movies
Rani Mukherjee has given us almost a decade and a half worth of really good cinema. From romcoms to movies with serious content, Rani has had her finger in every pie. As the actress turns a year older and wiser Today, here is looking at five of her extremely hard hitting women oriented movies.
Rani essays the role of a cop who fought against all odds to save girls sold in the sex trade. While the film did not do as well as expected at the box office, her performance is noteworthy after all these years.
This Sanjay Leela Bhansali movie saw Rani in a completely different look. While her role of a girl who was visually and hearing impaired garnered a lot of mixed responses, critic loved the performance. In fact, the movie went on to win the National Award for the Best Feature Film in the year 2006.
3. No One Killed Jessica
Playing the free spirited journalist Meera, Rani celebrates women empowerment in this movie. Based on the Jessica Lal murder case, Rani did complete justice to this character.
4. Dil Bole Haddipa
Not many can be a man with as much ease as Rani Mukerji can in this movie. Rani nailed the character completely as she masquerades as a sardar boy to enter a cricket team. Her spontaneity and charm is what makes the otherwise average film worthwhile.
Despite being absent from the screens since the birth of her daughter, Rani is all set to make a splash with her comeback movie, Hichki. Playing a teacher who is affected ed by Tourettes, this movie celebrates hope, will power and the desire to make what you dream come true!
We, at mango Bollywood wish Rani Mukerji a very Happy Birthday and cannot wait to watch her big come back on 23 March, 2018!
5 Bollywood movies inspired from the South.
We celebrated 100 years of Indian cinema three years ago, by movies that have been inspired by many similar stories. But, somewhere in the middle, Bollywood has taken inspiration from other industries such as the South Indian film Industry.
Here are few Bollywood movies inspired from the South Indian film industry.
1. Ek Deewana Tha
Ek Deewana Tha was a remake of the South film Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa and Ye Maaya Chesave. Prateik Babbar and Amy Jackson play the lead roles in the Hindi version. Whereas, in Tamil it was Silambarasan and Trisha Krishnan and in Telugu it was Naga Chaitanya and Samantha Akkineni. The South versions were released simultaneously in the year 2010 whereas the Hindi version was released in 2012.
How many of you are fans of this song Main Toh Superman Salman ka fan? Many right? Did you know it was a remake of the Telugu super hit film Okkadu directed by Gunasekhar in the year 2003. Arjun Kapoor and Sonakshi Sinha were the leads in Tevar whereas in Okkadu it was Mahesh Babu and Bhumika Chawla.
Woh Jeena Bhi Kya Jeena Hai…, Jisme Kick Na Ho Pagli…. This famous dialogue from the movie Kick is a remake of the Telugu Kick where Ravi Teja played the main lead and in Hindi it was played by none other than ‘The Bhai’ Salman Khan.
Ready is a comedy family drama in Hindi and Telugu as well. It is not a complete remake of the Telugu Ready because there are a few changes and differences in both the films. However, they follow the same plot line and are funny to watch as well.
5. Main Tera Hero
Varun Dhawan’s first movie under his father’s direction where he plays a comic role. Did you know it was a remake of the Telugu hit Kandeeriga Ram Pothineni played the lead role.
While Bollywood has been inspired from South movies, there are many South movies which has been inspired from Bollywood as well. I think it is safe to say that our industries are mutually inspiring to each other. So, guys these are our top 5 remakes. Do comment and please let us know your favourite movie.
- Top Five Bollywood Iconic Villain Lines
- Karan Singh Grover’s facts you did not know.
- Daisy Shah Look Out For Race 3!
- Blackmail Song, Bewafa Beauty, Is Out! Listen Here
- Hichki: Reasons To Watch!
- Ayushmann Khurrana Rare And Unseen Pictures
- On Rani Mukherjee’s Birthday, Here Is Looking At Her Top Five Women Oriented Movies
- Theherja, The First Song From October Is Seeped In Nature And Melody
- Total Dhamaal Promises To Be Another Laughter Riot
- Manmarziyan First Look Out And It Looks Promising
- Bollywood Babies Rocking 2018
- 5 Bollywood movies inspired from the South.
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety Enters The 100 Crores Club
- Jacqueline Fernandez Fails To Be The Madhuri Dixit We Are Used To
- Shriya Saran Ties The Knot!
- Varun Dhawan Rare And Unknown Facts
- Sara Ali Khan Confirmed For Simmba!
- Katrina Kaif Rare And Unseen Pictures
- October Theme Song Out On Public Demand!
- Madhuri Dixit Replaces Sridevi In Shiddat
- Race 3 New Poster Is More Exciting Than The Others
- Ek Do Teen, The Sizzling Song From Baaghi 2 Is Here. And How!
- Remo D’ Souza To Make The Biggest Dance Film Of 2019!
- Happy Birthday Hiroo Johar!
- Lead Lady Finalised For Hindi Remake Of The Fault In Our Stars
- S S Rajamouli Mahabharata Imaginery Character Sketches: See Pics
- Megastar Chiranjeevi Film Khaidi No.150 Beats Dangal Records
- S S Rajamouli Breaks Silence On Madhuri Dixit And Surya Being Part Of Baahubali 2
- Sunny Leone Gives A SOLID Reply To RGV On His Shameless Tweets: Watch Video
- Shocking! Salman Khan Worried About Prabhas Baahubali 2
- Baahubali filmmaker SS Rajmouli Next Is Trilogy Based On Mahabharata!
- Rajamouli’s Mahabharatha To Star 3 Big Superstars From Different Industries
- Indian Celebrities WhatsApp Conversation On Khaidi No150
- Kangana Ranaut Opens Up About Her Fight With Prabhas
- Dangal Box Office Collections | 42 Days Collections