The secret to successful, beautiful women? Their witty answers and quick responses. If you thought our Bollywood Babes won their coveted titles just by being pretty, then think again. Here are 10 people who showed us it was their answers that won them the crown!
1. Sushmita Sen – Miss India Universe, 1994
Question: “What do you know about the textile heritage of your country? How old has it been?”
Answer: “Well, I think it started off with Mahatma Gandhi’s khadi. It’s gone a long way since then, but the basics of the textile heritage lie in there.”
2. Aishwarya Rai – Miss India World, 1994
Question: “If you have to look for qualities in a husband, would you look for the qualities in Ridge Forrester from Bold & Beautiful or in Mason Capwell from Santa Barbara? Why?”
Answer: “The qualities I would look for in a man, between the two characters that you’ve given to me, would be in Mason. Though they do share a lot in common, from what we get to see, Mason does have a very caring side to him and a terrific sense of humour. And that really gels with my character.”
3. Priyanka Chopra – Miss India World, 2000
Question: “If you were a police officer in the garden of Eden, who would you punish for the original sin: Adam, Eve, or the serpent?”
Answer: “If I was the police officer in the garden of Eden, I would punish Satan, the serpent, because I believe that evil is instigated, not created. Eve thought Satan was right. She believed him. Let us get a moral from this: to decipher between good and bad, without being biased.”
4. Gul Panag – Miss India Universe, 1999
Question: “In the context of the recent controversy, if you were Chelsea, what is the single most important advice you as a daughter would give to your parents Bill and Hillary Clinton, and why?”
Answer: “The most important piece of advice I would give my parents, Bill and Hillary Clinton, would be to stand by each other because, now is the time the world is testing us and we should put aside our differences and put up a brave front because family is the single most important unit.”
5. Celina Jaitley – Miss India Universe, 2001
Question: “Let’s consider two often said quotes: 1. Fools seldom differ, and 2. Great minds think alike. Which one do you believe, and why?”
Answer: “I believe that great minds think alike because intelligence is like a triple bond which joins minds to vibe at the same level. The higher the IQ, the greater the bonding.”
6. Tanushree Dutta – Miss India Universe, 2004
Question: “Some believe that too much of everything is as bad as too little. What is your opinion?”
Answer: “Yes, it is true that too much of everything is as bad as little, because satisfaction and gracious acceptance is the keyword for a happy and peaceful life. Too much takes the satisfaction away.”
7. Neha Dhupia – Miss India Universe, 2002
Question: “If given an opportunity to ask the judges a question, what would you ask?”
Answer: “I have only one question to ask everyone out here at this stage. When the world is seeking peace, why are we fighting over one border line? Do you think it’s possible for each one of us to not live as Indians and Pakistanis, and to start living like human beings?”
8. Manushi Chillar – Miss India World, 2017
Question: “You have spent 30 days with your fellow contestants from 30 states of India. What learnings would you take back with you?”
Answer: “I think these 30 days that I’ve spent at …with my fellow contestants have been the most dynamic days of my life and the only thing that was certain about the whole experience was uncertainty. The one belief that I would take back with me would be that I can change the world, because when I entered Miss India, it was only passion and a purpose, but through the journey, I had a vision. That vision in my head and the belief that I can change the world is something that I’m going to take back with me.”
FIR Filed Against Salman Khan And Katrina Kaif For Casteist Remarks
Late Yesterday, a petition for an FIR was filed in a Delhi Court against Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif. According to reports, the two actors had allegedly made casteist remarks during the promotion of their latest movie, Tiger Zinda Hai.
The court listed the matter for consideration for 27 February and also sought a reply from the Delhi police on the complaint. The plea, filed in the Patiala House Court, alleged Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif had made remarks which were insulting, derogatory and affected the sentiments of a particular cast.
The complaint, filed by Harnam Singh, a former Chairman of Delhi Commission for Karamcharis, alleged the remark was made by Khan during a programme on a television channel while Kaif, “rather than protesting at the offensive and insensitive statement, joined the accused number 1 (Khan) in insulting and abusing the victim through her conduct.”
An inquiry has been led into this matter and the Delhi police have said they will look into the matter and get to the bottom of this issue as soon as possible.
Pari Teaser 5 Will Make You Lose Your Sleep
Holi, the festival of colours, has different connotations. For some, it is the defeat of good over evil while for others, it is about the colours. For Anushka Sharma on the other hand, it is about her new horror flick, Pari.
— Anushka Sharma (@AnushkaSharma) February 22, 2018
The opening shot of this teaser features a pale white Anushka walking in a jungle while a full moon can also be seen in the background. Yes, this is the first clip from Pari that places Anushka outside her house and in the classic horror movie setting.
She walks to a pond and when she looks into it, she sees the bloody, battered Anushka looking right back at her. As a result, the fish of the pond begins to die and soon the pond is full of dead fish floating on its surface. The tone of this teaser is perfect.
Every part of this teaser is imbibed in horror and from the way it has been directed, one gets the feeling of Anushka being haunted by a ghost like dopple ganger. Watch the brand new teaser here!
Directed by debutant director Prosit Roy, Pari is not your average fairy tale. Also starring Parambrata Chatterjee, Rajat Kapoor and Ritabhari Chakraborty, this movie is going to be Clean Slate Films third production venture after NH10 and Phillauri. Pari is scheduled to hit the screens on 2 March, 2018 so this Holi, stay clean and safe! While we wait for the film to hit the screens, check out the new poster here.
— Anushka Sharma (@AnushkaSharma) February 22, 2018
Bollywood Puns By Amul That Make You Go WHAT
Amul’s ads have stuck around with us for so long that when anything even remotely news worthy happens, Amul’s ads are the first we look for. While we all look at giving our Bollywood celebrities a little lee way when it comes to controversies, Amul has always been relentless. Check out these brilliant (not) adds by Amul and have a blast!
1. When KJo Had Twins
2. The Kangana Controversy
3. Everything About Delhi
4. When Baahubali 2 Broke All Records
5. Bajrangi Bhaijaan. So Why Not?
6. FB Ya Phir Bhi?
7. Sulu Ya Swiggy?
- FIR Filed Against Salman Khan And Katrina Kaif For Casteist Remarks
- Pari Teaser 5 Will Make You Lose Your Sleep
- Bollywood Puns By Amul That Make You Go WHAT
- Welcome To New York Movie Review And Box Office Expectations
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety Review And Box Office Expectations
- Bollywood Celebrities Who Disappeared. Where To Is The Question.
- Justin Trudeau And His Very Bollywood Visit
- Sehmi Hai Dhadkan, The First Song From Daas Dev Is Out. Listen Here!
- Blackmail Trailer Is Out. Watch It Here
- Shah Rukh Khan Declares Love For A Lady Who Is Not Gauri!
- Five Reasons To Watch Welcome To New York
- See Shahid Kapoor Rare And Unseen Pictures Here
- Baaghi 2 Trailer Is Out. Watch It Here!
- Oye Hichki, The First Song From Hichki Is Out. Listen To It Here!
- Bollywood Movie Scenes Which Will Make You Weep
- Assam Minister Defends Priyanka Chopra
- Baaghi 2 First Poster Is Out!
- Happy Phirr Bhag Jayegi Gets A Release Date
- Varun Dhawan Rare And Unseen Pictures
- Nit Khair Manga, Raid Second Song Is Out. Listen To It Here.
- Batti Gul Meter Chalu Goes On Floors Today
- Virushka, A Love Story For The Ages
- Tiger Shroff And Things You Do Not Know About Him
- Salman Khan Replaces Arijit Singh’s Song In Welcome To New York Again?
- Aiyaary Day Four Box Office Collections
- S S Rajamouli Mahabharata Imaginery Character Sketches: See Pics
- Megastar Chiranjeevi Film Khaidi No.150 Beats Dangal Records
- S S Rajamouli Breaks Silence On Madhuri Dixit And Surya Being Part Of Baahubali 2
- Sunny Leone Gives A SOLID Reply To RGV On His Shameless Tweets: Watch Video
- Shocking! Salman Khan Worried About Prabhas Baahubali 2
- Baahubali filmmaker SS Rajmouli Next Is Trilogy Based On Mahabharata!
- Rajamouli’s Mahabharatha To Star 3 Big Superstars From Different Industries
- Indian Celebrities WhatsApp Conversation On Khaidi No150
- Kangana Ranaut Opens Up About Her Fight With Prabhas
- Dangal Box Office Collections | 42 Days Collections