The weekend is upon us and for those very lucky people who don’t work on Saturdays, there is more than one thing to do. On my list of things to do this weekend is curl up and watch atleast TWO of these Bollywood horror movies. Read on to find out which movies I think are the scariest!
1. 100 Days (1991)
Okay this one was more thriller than horror. Even then, it became a cult. Starring Madhuri Dixit and Jackie Shroff, 100 Days deals with extrasensory perception. Madhuri uses ESP to find out what happened to her sister and how she was murdered!
2. Raat (1992)
Raat was Ram Gopal Varma’s debut movie as a producer and boy. Did he bring his A Game to the table! Raat was packed to the brim with horror sequences, chase scenes and a spine curdling story! Revathi, as the protagonist, gives one of the best performances she ever did!
3. Raaz (2002)
Loosely adapted from Hollywood’s What Lies Beneath, Raaz was directed by Mahesh Bhatt and was the first movie in the series. The soundtrack was so amazing, it was definitely the cherry on the top of a wonderfully scary cake!
4. Darna Mana Hai (2003)
Darna Mana Hai was special for a lot of reasons. The main one being the fact that Ram Gopal Varma combined not two but SIX different scarry stories into one movie! Unfortunately, even though this movie had an impressive cast, it failed to do well at the box office. I still love it though!
5. Vaastu Shastra (2004)
New house: check. Little boy: check. Imaginary friends: check. RGV takes the most popular horror story ingredients, mixes them and gives us Vaastu Shastra. With dark characters, interesting specials and brilliant acting by Sushmita Sen, this movie ensures that you get so terrified, you wouldn’t want to go to the washroom alone!
I clearly love all these movies, being a horror movie buff. So vote and tell me which movie you would like to watch this weekend!
Aiyaary Movie Review, Rating And Aiyaary Box Office Collections
Cast: Sidharth Malhotra, Manoj Bajpayee, Rakul Preet, Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah
Director: Neeraj Pandey
mango Bollywood Rating: 2.5/5
In theory, director Neeraj Pandey’s Aiyaary tells us a compelling story. Manoj Bajpayee and Sidharth Malhotra share the perfect mentor and protege relationship. At least for the first half of the movie. The delicate relationship turns sour when the latter goes rogue, creating a furor in the entire system.
The two know each other’s behaviours, mannerisms and characters to a tee. Major Jai Bakshi (Sidharth Malhotra) looks up to Colonel Abhay (Manoj Bajpayee) and has learned the tricks of the trade from him. The young major gets disillusioned after realising the extent of corruption in the country’s defense deals and the involvement of highly placed officials.
Aiyaary, which means the act of espionage, is designed to show a race to the finish between two like minded people. Pandey tries to weave a modern story but fails to make a strong impact. There are strong influences seen in Aiyaary from his past movies, especially A Wednesday.
The Positives of Aiyaary
There are quite a few positives to Aiyaary as a story. Pandey has given a compelling character growth to Manoj Bajpayee’s and Sidharth Malhotra’s characters. The music has been created with care and compassion, taking us through the entire story with the rhythm and the lyrics. As a strong mentor, Colonel Abhay plays his role with just the right kind of strength and vigour.
Malhotra also plays the role of a mentee with seasoned ease. No role is too over the top for this particular actor and all he needs is a director to bring out the best in him. Bajpayee, Naseeruddin Shah and Anupam Kher bring their best game to the table, making the movie even more special.
The Negatives of Aiyaary
While the strengths are quite strong for this Neeraj Pandey film, the negatives seem to stand out more. As a movie, Aiyaary is sketchily written and not compelling. It tests patience even if you are a fan of the genre. It demands way too much endurance than what is left in you after watching Naseeruddin Shah’s bizarre monologue during the movie.
Malhotra’s character starts off really well but half way through, it looks like he got tired of his role. Like most of the actors in the movie, he too seems to have gotten confused with the script. The characters of Rakul Preet and Pooja Chopra too have been written without much empathy. In fact, at one point, one gets the distinct feeling this is all an elaborate version of CID.
The Overall Performance
All in all, despite not having a strong script, the overall performance of all the individual characters is quite compelling. What could have made the movie stick is a script that hits the mark. Individually though, the actors have delivered their best with what they had.
mango Bollywood Review
At the end of the day, mango Bollywood gives Neeraj Pandey’s Aiyaary movie a 2.5 on 5 rating. Ideally, there should have been stronger characters and detailed descriptions. However, for Pandey’s worth, this movie seems to have hit just the adequate chords.
Aamir Khan: Fun Things You Did Not Know About Mr. Perfectionist
Aamir Khan is probably one of the few Khans who keeps to himself, does more and shows less. In the Bollywood world, when anyone says perfection, only one name pops to mind, that of Aamir Khan! Not only are we great admirers of his brilliant acting, but also of all the hidden talents this man posses. Today, we give you some facts about Aamir Khan which you probably did not know.
1. The climax scene of the movie ‘Ghulam’ was shot over 10 to 12 days. It is a fight scene where Aamir gets beaten a lot by the villain. Aamir ends up getting a lot of blood and dirt on this face. Aamir did not take bath for those 12 days to maintain the accuracy and consistency of the look on his face.
2. Do you know Aamir hails from a family of freedom fighters? The Bollywood actor’s great grand uncle was the Indian freedom fighter and philosopher, Abul Kalam Azad. We’re guessing that is where his youngest son got his name.
3. Aamir Khan has a middle name and no, it is not Mr. Perfectionist. His real name is Aamir Hussain Khan!
4. Mr. Perfectionist almost rejected Ashutosh Gowarikar’s Oscar nominated Lagaan. Rumour is, Aamir did not like the script and asked for six drafts! He loved the 7th one so much, he decided to produce it as well!
5. Unlike several other actors, Aamir never agrees to do a film without a bound script – irrespective of the director or production house.
6. Aamir was the first actor in Bollywood to do one movie at during a year. Now, a lot of Bollywood actors have started following this trend.
7. Aamir was approached first for Darr by Yash Chopra. However, he demanded joint narration with Sunny Deol and the role went to Shahrukh Khan. For the publicity of the movie, Aamir personally had stuck the QSQT posters on the back of rickshaws after taking drivers permission
Sunny Leone: 7 Interesting Facts, You May not Know!
Sunny Leone has been dealing with the haters of her past life like a boss! She has also established her base in Bollywood without any ‘Godfather’ in the industry. Sunny is determined and is ruling her life like a queen, with all the sass! Here are 7 interesting facts about Sunny Leone that would make you fall hard and deeper in love with her.
The stage name :
* Sunny Leone is her stage name her real name is Karenjit Kaur Vohra.
Before Getting Into the Bollywood Industry:
* Sunny Leone worked as a red carpet reporter for MTV video music awards on MTV India.
Refused On Sets:
*Sunny Leone once refused to shoot when kids were present on the sets of pink lips.
* Apart from acting, Sunny has been part of active campaigns like Rock n’Roll Los Angeles Half Marathon, to raise money for the American Cancer Society. Sunny posed for People for the ethical treatment of animals ( PETA ) encouraging pet owners to have their cats and dogs spayed and neutered.
* Sunny Leone has recently adopted a girl child. Sunny along with her husband Daniel Weber has adopted a little 22 months old girl from Latur. Her name is Nisha Kaur Weber. She has been living with the couple for more than a week now.
Being a Tom Boy:
* Sunny as a young girl was a self described tomboy, very athletic and played street hockey with the boys.
Life before Becoming a Star:
* She was studying to become a nurse and also worked at a German bakery and a later at tax retirement firm.
- FIR Filed Against Salman Khan And Katrina Kaif For Casteist Remarks
- Pari Teaser 5 Will Make You Lose Your Sleep
- Bollywood Puns By Amul That Make You Go WHAT
- Welcome To New York Movie Review And Box Office Expectations
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety Review And Box Office Expectations
- Bollywood Celebrities Who Disappeared. Where To Is The Question.
- Justin Trudeau And His Very Bollywood Visit
- Sehmi Hai Dhadkan, The First Song From Daas Dev Is Out. Listen Here!
- Blackmail Trailer Is Out. Watch It Here
- Shah Rukh Khan Declares Love For A Lady Who Is Not Gauri!
- Five Reasons To Watch Welcome To New York
- See Shahid Kapoor Rare And Unseen Pictures Here
- Baaghi 2 Trailer Is Out. Watch It Here!
- Oye Hichki, The First Song From Hichki Is Out. Listen To It Here!
- Bollywood Movie Scenes Which Will Make You Weep
- Assam Minister Defends Priyanka Chopra
- Baaghi 2 First Poster Is Out!
- Happy Phirr Bhag Jayegi Gets A Release Date
- Varun Dhawan Rare And Unseen Pictures
- Nit Khair Manga, Raid Second Song Is Out. Listen To It Here.
- Batti Gul Meter Chalu Goes On Floors Today
- Virushka, A Love Story For The Ages
- Tiger Shroff And Things You Do Not Know About Him
- Salman Khan Replaces Arijit Singh’s Song In Welcome To New York Again?
- Aiyaary Day Four Box Office Collections
- S S Rajamouli Mahabharata Imaginery Character Sketches: See Pics
- Megastar Chiranjeevi Film Khaidi No.150 Beats Dangal Records
- S S Rajamouli Breaks Silence On Madhuri Dixit And Surya Being Part Of Baahubali 2
- Sunny Leone Gives A SOLID Reply To RGV On His Shameless Tweets: Watch Video
- Shocking! Salman Khan Worried About Prabhas Baahubali 2
- Baahubali filmmaker SS Rajmouli Next Is Trilogy Based On Mahabharata!
- Rajamouli’s Mahabharatha To Star 3 Big Superstars From Different Industries
- Indian Celebrities WhatsApp Conversation On Khaidi No150
- Kangana Ranaut Opens Up About Her Fight With Prabhas
- Dangal Box Office Collections | 42 Days Collections