Bollywood has given us some great male friendships. From Jai and Veeru in Sholay to Akash, Sameer and Sidharth in Dil Chahta Hai, friendship goals have been made and redefined in more ways than one. But what about female friendships? Those have been ignored for a long time now but not anymore! Today, we talk about the top ten female friendships that have given us girls something beautiful to dream for.
1. Andaaz Apna Apna
It all started with Andaaz Apna Apna. Male friendships and female friendships were created for perhaps the first time in Bollywood. Karishma and Raveena built their friendship on a true foundation and were even ready to impersonate each other! Friendship goals achieved or what?
With female duos, there is always the brutally honest one and the extremely pretty one. This was the same thing with Pinky and Aisha in the movie Aisha. We fall out, we at times shy away from expressing what we really feel but at the end of all the fights, we want to share our experiences with each other. Because, bridesmaids!
3. Tanu Weds Manu Series
Payal is the quintessential girl best friend. She will listen to you talk about love, heartbreak and heart disasters. She will be the rock you need and the rock you cannot live without. Tanu is a little self obsessed, but is the most loyal friend you can have. Aaw goals for these two!
4. Aaja Nachale
These two fought against all odds in a rigid community to become best friends. Dance brought them together and even tore them apart. Najma even bore a tight slap from her parents to help Dia follow her one true love. If this isn’t friendship, then what is?
When the friendship is true there is no past hideous enough, no profession scandalous enough and no issue problematic enough that it can’t be overcome. Three women who battle everything from patriarchy to baseless traditions to emerge as saviors and supporters for each other.
6. Angry Indian Goddesses
Who said female friendships need to be only in twos? More the merrier is the statement right? This group of six become the pillar of support who express their fears and failures to each other. The most important thing? The 6 people manage to rekindle a friendship that was missing for some years in the past! Angry Indian Goddesses indeed!
7. Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani
Beer, cigarettes, rock music and quiet solitude is what brought these two babes together. The best remedy to a heartbreak is true friendship and Naina and Aditi found each other at the end of a horrible relationship! This movie taught us that life is more than just love and hurt.
Misery loves company is the saying. Friendships forged out of misery are truly beautiful. Zeenat and Mira proved thsi to us time and again in the movie Dor, making us watchers a little jealous of the strong bond they share!
Three friends overcome everything that society and unfavorable circumstances can throw at you because they believed in each other. Even during extremely trying situations, the courage and comfort that these 3 women drew from each other is what female friendships are all about.
10. Chak De India
A sports film that starred a primary ensemble cast of women, Chak De India was definitely a first. And its realistic portrayal of peer animosity and eventual friendship, despite internal competition, makes it a winner in the close to real life department. When 12 women from starkly different backgrounds come together and dissolve their differences to form a team, you can find traces of your life from school, college, or sports team in them. And that’s what makes this film truly remarkable.
Aiyaary Movie Review, Rating And Aiyaary Box Office Collections
Cast: Sidharth Malhotra, Manoj Bajpayee, Rakul Preet, Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah
Director: Neeraj Pandey
mango Bollywood Rating: 2.5/5
In theory, director Neeraj Pandey’s Aiyaary tells us a compelling story. Manoj Bajpayee and Sidharth Malhotra share the perfect mentor and protege relationship. At least for the first half of the movie. The delicate relationship turns sour when the latter goes rogue, creating a furor in the entire system.
The two know each other’s behaviours, mannerisms and characters to a tee. Major Jai Bakshi (Sidharth Malhotra) looks up to Colonel Abhay (Manoj Bajpayee) and has learned the tricks of the trade from him. The young major gets disillusioned after realising the extent of corruption in the country’s defense deals and the involvement of highly placed officials.
Aiyaary, which means the act of espionage, is designed to show a race to the finish between two like minded people. Pandey tries to weave a modern story but fails to make a strong impact. There are strong influences seen in Aiyaary from his past movies, especially A Wednesday.
The Positives of Aiyaary
There are quite a few positives to Aiyaary as a story. Pandey has given a compelling character growth to Manoj Bajpayee’s and Sidharth Malhotra’s characters. The music has been created with care and compassion, taking us through the entire story with the rhythm and the lyrics. As a strong mentor, Colonel Abhay plays his role with just the right kind of strength and vigour.
Malhotra also plays the role of a mentee with seasoned ease. No role is too over the top for this particular actor and all he needs is a director to bring out the best in him. Bajpayee, Naseeruddin Shah and Anupam Kher bring their best game to the table, making the movie even more special.
The Negatives of Aiyaary
While the strengths are quite strong for this Neeraj Pandey film, the negatives seem to stand out more. As a movie, Aiyaary is sketchily written and not compelling. It tests patience even if you are a fan of the genre. It demands way too much endurance than what is left in you after watching Naseeruddin Shah’s bizarre monologue during the movie.
Malhotra’s character starts off really well but half way through, it looks like he got tired of his role. Like most of the actors in the movie, he too seems to have gotten confused with the script. The characters of Rakul Preet and Pooja Chopra too have been written without much empathy. In fact, at one point, one gets the distinct feeling this is all an elaborate version of CID.
The Overall Performance
All in all, despite not having a strong script, the overall performance of all the individual characters is quite compelling. What could have made the movie stick is a script that hits the mark. Individually though, the actors have delivered their best with what they had.
mango Bollywood Review
At the end of the day, mango Bollywood gives Neeraj Pandey’s Aiyaary movie a 2.5 on 5 rating. Ideally, there should have been stronger characters and detailed descriptions. However, for Pandey’s worth, this movie seems to have hit just the adequate chords.
Sunny Leone: 7 Interesting Facts, You May not Know!
Sunny Leone has been dealing with the haters of her past life like a boss! She has also established her base in Bollywood without any ‘Godfather’ in the industry. Sunny is determined and is ruling her life like a queen, with all the sass! Here are 7 interesting facts about Sunny Leone that would make you fall hard and deeper in love with her.
The stage name :
* Sunny Leone is her stage name her real name is Karenjit Kaur Vohra.
Before Getting Into the Bollywood Industry:
* Sunny Leone worked as a red carpet reporter for MTV video music awards on MTV India.
Refused On Sets:
*Sunny Leone once refused to shoot when kids were present on the sets of pink lips.
* Apart from acting, Sunny has been part of active campaigns like Rock n’Roll Los Angeles Half Marathon, to raise money for the American Cancer Society. Sunny posed for People for the ethical treatment of animals ( PETA ) encouraging pet owners to have their cats and dogs spayed and neutered.
* Sunny Leone has recently adopted a girl child. Sunny along with her husband Daniel Weber has adopted a little 22 months old girl from Latur. Her name is Nisha Kaur Weber. She has been living with the couple for more than a week now.
Being a Tom Boy:
* Sunny as a young girl was a self described tomboy, very athletic and played street hockey with the boys.
Life before Becoming a Star:
* She was studying to become a nurse and also worked at a German bakery and a later at tax retirement firm.
Bollywood Actresses and Their Kids
Stardom is a world, where a person is stalked with cameras than eyes. Some people enter it after success and some enter it the moment they leave the womb. Here we bring you the list of such children of Bollywood actresses who are viral on social media even with out their sentient.
#1 Aishwarya Rai – Aradhya Bachchan
This Miss World 1994 pageant winner got hitched with Abhishek Bachchan, son of Amitabh Bachchan in 2007. The happy couple was blessed with a baby girl, Aradhya Bachchan in 2011. Aradhya is now in her schooling at Dhirubhai Ambani International School. Viaan Raj Kundra, Son of Shilpa Shetty and Raj Kundra too is studying in the same school.
#2 Kareena Kapoor – Taimur Ali Khan
Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan are now proud parents of the cuteness of Bollywood, Taimur. The couple keeps posting the pics of Taimur on every special occasion. Taimur is too small for school and is now enjoying the parenting love.
#3 Sushmita Sen – Renee and Alisa
Apart from all other Bollywood actresses, the unmarried Sushmita Sen became mother by adopting two girl children Reene Sen in 2000 and Alisa Sen in 2010. Reene Sen is now in a boarding school for her high school education. Sushmita Sen reveals that her two adopted daughters too are turning out to have an independent life like her.
#4 Shilpa Shetty – Viaan Raj Kundra
After dating with Raj Kundra, businessman and the co-owner of IPL team Rajasthan Royals, Shilpa Shetty married him and gave birth to Viaan Raj Kundra. Viaan Raj Kundra too is studying at Dhirubhai Ambani International School, having Aradhya Bachchan as a schoolmate.
#5 Rani Mukherji – Adira Chopra
Rani Mukherji’s secret relationship with Aditya Chopra ended with their marriage and their married life gave birth to a girl child, Adira, in Dec 2015. The very young Adira Chopra is shaded with blossoms of love from the lovely couple.
#6 Soha Ali Khan – Inaaya Naumi Khemu
Fed up with the question on her next project Soha replies “I think everyone keeps asking me what my next project is. I think project Inaaya is taking most of time right now and quite happily so,” she also adds “I want Inaaya to be her own person. I would like her to have open communication with me. Things like integrity, trust, loyalty, being kind to others, are some of the things I would like to see in her,” Soha Ali Khan and Kunal Khemu gave birth to Inaaya on 29 September 2017.
- Pari Teasers Continue To Haunt Us!
- Rishi Kapoor And Emraan Hashmi To Star In jeethu Joseph’s Hindi Debut
- Guess Who Tabu Blames For Being Single!
- Karan Johar And Varun Dhawan To Create Magic Again!
- The Baaghi Series Is Back With Baaghi 3!
- Misogyny And Its Love Hate Relationship With Bollywood
- Sidharth Malhotra And Things You Did Not Know About Him
- PadMan Made Tax Free In Rajasthan
- Bollywood Movies With Very Weird Endings
- Raid New Poster Shows Ajay Devgn In A New Light
- Deepika Padukone’s Next To Be Titled Rani
- Karan Johar. Lesser Known Facts About KJo.
- Cheat India To Clash With Hrithik’s Super 30
- Bollywood Movies About Food
- Aiyaary Movie Review, Rating And Aiyaary Box Office Collections
- PadMan Day 7 Box Office Collections
- Welcome To New York Dialogue Promo Will Leave You In Splits
- Kangana Ranaut And Rajkumar Rao To Reunite!
- Facts You Did Not Know About Vidya Balan
- 6 Bollywood Celebrities Who Went From Fat To Fit!
- Arunachalam Muruganantham, In Conversation With The Real PadMan
- Pari Trailer Is Out. Watch For Goosebumps And More!
- Beyond The Clouds New Release Date Revealed
- Reasons To Watch Aiyaary
- Facts You Did Not Know About Disha Patani!
- S S Rajamouli Mahabharata Imaginery Character Sketches: See Pics
- Megastar Chiranjeevi Film Khaidi No.150 Beats Dangal Records
- S S Rajamouli Breaks Silence On Madhuri Dixit And Surya Being Part Of Baahubali 2
- Sunny Leone Gives A SOLID Reply To RGV On His Shameless Tweets: Watch Video
- Shocking! Salman Khan Worried About Prabhas Baahubali 2
- Baahubali filmmaker SS Rajmouli Next Is Trilogy Based On Mahabharata!
- Rajamouli’s Mahabharatha To Star 3 Big Superstars From Different Industries
- Indian Celebrities WhatsApp Conversation On Khaidi No150
- Kangana Ranaut Opens Up About Her Fight With Prabhas
- Dangal Box Office Collections | 42 Days Collections