To say that Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma are our favourite newly weds would be an understatement, to say the least. After a breathtakingly beautiful wedding in Italy, Virushka came back to Delhi to have a really beautiful reception. The reception was even attended by none other than the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi. Check out the pictures here and have a great start to your weekend.
Karan Johar: Tweets Too Good To Be True
From hosting extremely quirky talk shows to directing some of the most epic love stories of Bollywood, Karan Johar has done it all! While he may be extremely “diplomatic” in real life, his tweets show just how much of a grasp he has over the English language. Check out the tweets here!
1. When he put justification down
Dear justification…sometimes you are considered a sign of admission of guilt or then a sign of weakness..so you are abandoned from my life dictionary as of today! I am now replacing you with Conviction! Sue me if you like ! My lawyer Self belief is with me!
— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) April 12, 2018
2. When he turned snarky
You know social media has got the better of you when you try to expand an image…..in a magazine!!!!!!!
— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) March 9, 2018
3. When he didn’t care enough
Anger is unproductive….indifference has much better results!
— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) March 9, 2018
4. When instinct and sensitivity broke up
Dear Sensitivity….are you soon becoming extinct? You were best friends with instinct…why did you fall apart? And why have you lost yourself to technology and social media ….get back to your old self please! Love….Humanity
— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) March 7, 2018
5. When instinct disappeared completely
Dear instinct…you are an inbuilt soothsayer and yet very few follow you and act on your instruction! You are the human unsung hero!
— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) February 10, 2018
6. And lastly, when he made the most epic New Year resolutions for 2018
My twitter resolutions for 2018! 1. Will wish friends personally on their birthdays 2.will only praise films and trailers i genuinely like( apologies for my earlier diplomacy) and 3. Will continue to market my films unapologetically (feel free to block me)
— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) January 3, 2018
Salman Khan Rare And Unseen Pictures
Did you know that Salman Khan looked very, very different in the old days? Here are a few pictures that prove how very different one of our favourite Khans looked like back in the day!
Dabangg 3 To Be Directed By Prabhudeva
The Dabangg series have become a massive success since the first movie hit the screens. While the third part to this series was announced a while ago, the movie will not be directed by Arbaaz Khan.
Salman and Prabhudheva have earlier given us a super hit in 2009 in the form of Wanted. Other than this, the filmmaker, actor and producer has helmed multiple entertainers like Rowdy Rathore, R… Rajkumar, Action Jackson and Singh is Bling.
“I was in Mumbai last week to finalise all the details. Yes, I am directing Dabangg 3 for Salman and Arbaaz Khan. Who says no to them? We’ve been closely associated for the longest time. I share a warm friendship with Salman Khan and his brothers. When Salman and Arbaaz asked me to direct Dabangg 3 there was no question of saying no,” said Prabudheva confirming the news.
Everything in this part will remain the same. The music is going to be composed by Sajid Wajid and the only thing that is changed is the director. With so much already revealed about Dabangg 3, it is going to be quite exciting to see what happens when the superstar comes back on the screen as Chulbul Pandey!
A.R Rahman To Make Music For Hindi Remake Of The Fault In Our Stars
The Hindi remake of The Fault In Our Stars just got bigger and better. A little while ago, the makers roped in Sushant Singh Rajput to play the lead role. If you thought this was a big deal, then hold your breath because we have some exciting news for you.
The team has just announced that A.R. Rahman has been roped in to compose music for this epic remake. Rahman confirmed the news by saying, “When I heard the narration of their Indian adaptation of The Fault in Our Stars and especially how music is so beautifully woven into the narrative, I got quite excited.”
This Hindi remake marks the directorial debut of casting director Mukesh Chhabra, while Rahman and the film’s producers, Fox Star Studios, have previously collaborated on Danny Boyle’s Slumdog Millionaire which won eight Oscars, including Best Original Music Score.
AR Rahman to compose music for #TheFaultInOurStars Hindi remake… Stars Sushant Singh Rajput… Mukesh Chhabra to direct… Fox Star Studios are the producers.
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) March 8, 2018
While the male lead and the composer have been locked in, the makers are still on a lookout for their female lead. The title will be announced soon and the movie is expected to go on the floors later this year.
Aiyaary Movie Review, Rating And Aiyaary Box Office Collections
Cast: Sidharth Malhotra, Manoj Bajpayee, Rakul Preet, Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah
Director: Neeraj Pandey
mango Bollywood Rating: 2.5/5
In theory, director Neeraj Pandey’s Aiyaary tells us a compelling story. Manoj Bajpayee and Sidharth Malhotra share the perfect mentor and protege relationship. At least for the first half of the movie. The delicate relationship turns sour when the latter goes rogue, creating a furor in the entire system.
The two know each other’s behaviours, mannerisms and characters to a tee. Major Jai Bakshi (Sidharth Malhotra) looks up to Colonel Abhay (Manoj Bajpayee) and has learned the tricks of the trade from him. The young major gets disillusioned after realising the extent of corruption in the country’s defense deals and the involvement of highly placed officials.
Aiyaary, which means the act of espionage, is designed to show a race to the finish between two like minded people. Pandey tries to weave a modern story but fails to make a strong impact. There are strong influences seen in Aiyaary from his past movies, especially A Wednesday.
The Positives of Aiyaary
There are quite a few positives to Aiyaary as a story. Pandey has given a compelling character growth to Manoj Bajpayee’s and Sidharth Malhotra’s characters. The music has been created with care and compassion, taking us through the entire story with the rhythm and the lyrics. As a strong mentor, Colonel Abhay plays his role with just the right kind of strength and vigour.
Malhotra also plays the role of a mentee with seasoned ease. No role is too over the top for this particular actor and all he needs is a director to bring out the best in him. Bajpayee, Naseeruddin Shah and Anupam Kher bring their best game to the table, making the movie even more special.
The Negatives of Aiyaary
While the strengths are quite strong for this Neeraj Pandey film, the negatives seem to stand out more. As a movie, Aiyaary is sketchily written and not compelling. It tests patience even if you are a fan of the genre. It demands way too much endurance than what is left in you after watching Naseeruddin Shah’s bizarre monologue during the movie.
Malhotra’s character starts off really well but half way through, it looks like he got tired of his role. Like most of the actors in the movie, he too seems to have gotten confused with the script. The characters of Rakul Preet and Pooja Chopra too have been written without much empathy. In fact, at one point, one gets the distinct feeling this is all an elaborate version of CID.
The Overall Performance
All in all, despite not having a strong script, the overall performance of all the individual characters is quite compelling. What could have made the movie stick is a script that hits the mark. Individually though, the actors have delivered their best with what they had.
mango Bollywood Review
At the end of the day, mango Bollywood gives Neeraj Pandey’s Aiyaary movie a 2.5 on 5 rating. Ideally, there should have been stronger characters and detailed descriptions. However, for Pandey’s worth, this movie seems to have hit just the adequate chords.
- Omerta Second Trailer Is Bone Chilling
- Satyajit Ray: Remembering Him 26 Years After His Death
- Meri Nimmo Explores A New Side Of Love
- Bollywood Celebrities You Didn’t Know Were Related
- Shahid Kapoor Gets Award For Excellence In Padmaavat
- Parmanu Controversy Turns Uglier
- Namaste England Release Date Preponed!
- Bollywood Couples Too Cute To Handle
- Salman Khan’s Bail Gets Rescinded In Hit And Run Case
- Love Is In The Air. Milind Soman To Get Married
- Bollywood’s Mama’s Boys!
- Sanjay Dutt Biopic Teaser NOT To Release On 24 April
- Ishaan Khattar Unknown Facts And Unseen Images
- Shahid Kapoor And Mira Rajput Announce The Birth Of Baby Number 2!
- Irrfan Khan’s Puzzle Trailer Out. Watch Here!
- Abhishek Bachchan And Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: Happy Wedding Anniversary!
- Nanu Ki Jaanu Movie Review
- Beyond The Clouds Movie Review
- Tusshar Kapoor And Ekta Kapoor: Unseen Pictures
- A Brand New Muqabala From Beyond The Clouds!
- Badumbaaa: The Latest Song From 102 Not Out Is Way Too Cute For Words
- Omerta Release Date Pushed!
- Omerta: Three Reasons To Watch
- Bhavesh Joshi Superhero Teaser Out. Watch Here!
- Ae Watan, The First Song From Raazi, Just Released And Its Beautiful!
- S S Rajamouli Mahabharata Imaginery Character Sketches: See Pics
- Megastar Chiranjeevi Film Khaidi No.150 Beats Dangal Records
- S S Rajamouli Breaks Silence On Madhuri Dixit And Surya Being Part Of Baahubali 2
- Sunny Leone Gives A SOLID Reply To RGV On His Shameless Tweets: Watch Video
- Shocking! Salman Khan Worried About Prabhas Baahubali 2
- Baahubali filmmaker SS Rajmouli Next Is Trilogy Based On Mahabharata!
- Rajamouli’s Mahabharatha To Star 3 Big Superstars From Different Industries
- Indian Celebrities WhatsApp Conversation On Khaidi No150
- Kangana Ranaut Opens Up About Her Fight With Prabhas
- Dangal Box Office Collections | 42 Days Collections