Our actors have entertained and enthralled us on screen. But what about their life off screen? It is not easy doing what they do every day but also to do deal with very real health issues. Today, we talk about eleven Bollywood celebrities who battled with health issues on screen but also off screen.
1. Manisha Koirala – Ovarian Cancer
Manisha Koirala was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer on 29 November, 2012. After a rollercoaster battle with cancer, she underwent a surgery on 10 December, 2012. Manisha gave the performance of her life by kicking cancer in the ass. She has been cancer free for more than two years now!
2. Yuvraj Singh – Stage 1 Cancer
While playing the World Cup in 2011, Yuvraj had bouts of vomitting, nausea and breathing issues. After the tournament, Yuvraj was diagnosed with stage 1 cancer in the left lung. He underwent chemotherapy in the U.S. and returned to India with a clean bill of health in March, 2012.
3. Lisa Ray – Multiple Myeloma
Lisa Ray was diagnosed with multiple myeloma on 23 June, 2009. Within a year, Lisa announced she was cancer free. While she was not completely cured, the actress still worked hard to beat the disease away.The rare disease is treatable but incurable. But that has not affected the beautiful model’s outlook towards life.
4. Amitabh Bachchan – Splenic Rupture & Myasthenia Gravis
Amitabh Bachchan lost a lot of blood while shooting for Coolie in July, 1982. According to reports, his spleen was ruptured and he was pronounced clinically dead. Thankfully, the veteran actor bounced back to life and is now kicking and screaming with more health than anyone else at his age has!
5. Saif Ali Khan – Heart Attack
Saif Ali Khan was diagnosed with a minor heart attack in February, 2009. Doctors confirmed the news. Like the Nawab he is, Saif kicked the heart attack in the butt and sent it flying.
6. Hrithik Roshan – Brain Clot
The Krrish star acted like a real superhero in 2013 after being treated for a brain clot on July 7th. A month later at the launch of Krrish 3, Hrithik said, “I am absolutely fantastic. Even with the hole in my brain, my spirit is intact.” That statement is enough to prove his mettle.
7. Anurag Basu – Blood Cancer
Anurag Basu calls the shots on his films as well as in his life. Barfi would not have been made if Anurag had just gven up on life. He wrote the scripts for. He wrote scripts during his treatment for Life In A Metro and Gangster. He was diagnosed with acute promyelocytic leukemia which is a type of blood cancer. Anurag Basu is a true soldier in every way!
8. Mumtaz – Breast Cancer
The beautiful actress was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2002. After 6 rounds of chemotherapy and 35 radiations, the actress stood strong.
9. Shah Rukh Khan – 8 Surgeries
King Khan can also be known as the King of Surgeries. The Badshah of Bollywood underwent 8 surgeries over a span of 30 odd years. From his knee to his eyes, nothing has been spared.
10. Salman Khan – Trigeminal Neuralgia
Superstar Salman Khan admitted to being diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia, a disease which gives him severe pain in his jaw and face. This is perhaps one of the most painful diseases faced by mankind. Salman still braved through it and emerged stronger on the other side.
Remembering Five Iconic Kangana Ranaut Roles On Her Birthday!
Kangana Ranaut’s movies are always the right blend of strength, emotion and Bollywood drama. We love her no matter what role she plays. On her birthday, however, as she turns a year older and wiser, we take a look at five of her best movies which make her the undisputed Queen of Bollywood Today.
Known for breaking stereotypes, this Madhur Bhandarkar movie proved beyond doubt that Kangana can play any role she wants. With extreme ease, I might add. Addled with drugs, alcohol and all forms of substance abuse, Kangana won the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress when she portrayed the role of a troubled supermodel in this movie.
2. Tanu Weds Manu 2
The role of the brash, loud mouthed Tanu in this movie seemed to be written to describe Kangana’s character. Even though she messed up quite a lot throughout the movie, she won everyone over with her endearing nature and affectionate behaviour.
3. Once Upon A Time Mumbaii
Although her role in this movie was not a big one, Kangana impressed us all by playing the stunning Bollywood actress Rehana who was also the love interest of one of Mumbai’s most powerful and respected underworld criminal, Sultan Mirza.
Queen is perhaps Kangana’s most critically acclaimed movie to date. Playing the role of a small time girl, Rani, Kangana shows us love is not the end of everything nor is it the beginning of a happily ever after. A coming of age movie, Queen proves to us that life is about learning to be alone and then learning to be with another.
5. Life In A Metro
Although this movie consisted of an ensemble cast, Kangana’s roles stood out the most. She plays the role of a secretary who is wronged by her married boss and the way she pulls of her role, one could only watch her performance in silent awe.
Kangana Ranaut has proved to us time and again that just because our life is riddled with controversies, performance needs to take a back seat. We, at mango Bollywood, like to wish her a very Happy Birthday and hope she has all she wants from life!
102 Not Out First Look Out And It Is All Things Quirky!
102 Not Out, the much awaited movie starring Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi Kapoor, just dropped and it looks all things exciting.
The movie is going to see Amitabh playing the role of the 102 year old father, while Rishi Kapoor plays the role of the 75 year old son! Check out the poster here.
Based on a Gujarati play written by Saumya Joshi, 102 Not Out will also see Amitabh Bachchan sing a rap song for the very first time! Directed by Umesh Shukla, this movie is scheduled to hit the screens on 4 May, 2018.
10 best Bollywood songs remakes.
Although, Bollywood movies have been trying to add originality to their content, they still try to revisit the classical hits of days gone by. These old songs have a certain charm that keeps us listening to them time and again. Today, they have been remade to entertain the choices of the younger generation.
Here are the top 10 best Bollywood songs remakes.
1. Tamma Tamma again
2. Humma Humma
3. Tu Cheez Badi Hai
4. Laila Main Laila
5. Tan Tana Tan
6. Dheere Dheere Se
7. Hawa Hawai
8. Maine Tujhko Dekha
9. Aate Jaate
10. O Meri Mehebooba
So, guys these are the top 10 remakes of our old classic songs. Do comment and let us know what are your favourite songs.
- Remembering Five Iconic Kangana Ranaut Roles On Her Birthday!
- 102 Not Out First Look Out And It Is All Things Quirky!
- 10 best Bollywood songs remakes.
- Missing Movie First Look Out!
- Baa Baaa Black Sheep Movie Review And First Day Box Office Expectations
- Hichki Movie Review And First Day Box Office Expectations
- Top Five Bollywood Iconic Villain Lines
- Karan Singh Grover’s facts you did not know.
- Daisy Shah Look Out For Race 3!
- Blackmail Song, Bewafa Beauty, Is Out! Listen Here
- Hichki: Reasons To Watch!
- Ayushmann Khurrana Rare And Unseen Pictures
- On Rani Mukherjee’s Birthday, Here Is Looking At Her Top Five Women Oriented Movies
- Theherja, The First Song From October Is Seeped In Nature And Melody
- Total Dhamaal Promises To Be Another Laughter Riot
- Manmarziyan First Look Out And It Looks Promising
- Bollywood Babies Rocking 2018
- 5 Bollywood movies inspired from the South.
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety Enters The 100 Crores Club
- Jacqueline Fernandez Fails To Be The Madhuri Dixit We Are Used To
- Shriya Saran Ties The Knot!
- Varun Dhawan Rare And Unknown Facts
- Sara Ali Khan Confirmed For Simmba!
- Katrina Kaif Rare And Unseen Pictures
- October Theme Song Out On Public Demand!
- S S Rajamouli Mahabharata Imaginery Character Sketches: See Pics
- Megastar Chiranjeevi Film Khaidi No.150 Beats Dangal Records
- S S Rajamouli Breaks Silence On Madhuri Dixit And Surya Being Part Of Baahubali 2
- Sunny Leone Gives A SOLID Reply To RGV On His Shameless Tweets: Watch Video
- Shocking! Salman Khan Worried About Prabhas Baahubali 2
- Baahubali filmmaker SS Rajmouli Next Is Trilogy Based On Mahabharata!
- Rajamouli’s Mahabharatha To Star 3 Big Superstars From Different Industries
- Indian Celebrities WhatsApp Conversation On Khaidi No150
- Kangana Ranaut Opens Up About Her Fight With Prabhas
- Dangal Box Office Collections | 42 Days Collections