Cast : Vidya Balan, Manav Kaul, Neha Dhupia, Vijay Maurya, Malishka Mendonsa
Director : Suresh Triveni
mango Bollywood Rating : 3.5/5.0
Remember English Vinglish, the movie which featured Sridevi learning English to prove her family wrong? Tumhari Sulu comes as a refreshing take on the principle on which English Vinglish was based. Indian society pigeonholes married women as glorified maids, sealing her fate the minute she puts on her wedding ring or red sindoor. The statement, “Oh, I am just a housewife” has so many hidden meanings and when a movie like Tumhari Sulu explores the deeper sentiments behind this statement, one can not help but stop and think about the implications.
Is a house wife just a glorified maid or is there more to her? Does she have dreams, aspirations, desires and wishes that need to be fulfilled? This is where Sulu aka Sulochana played by Vidya Balan, as Tumhari Sulu starts. The youngest of two “well settled” and “career oriented” sisters, Sulu faces regular jabs and barbs from her elder siblings. Sulu is ‘Baranvi’ (12th class) fail, and her sisters never allow her to forget this. She is however, more or less is happily married and mother of a pubescent schoolboy. Sulu finds her mojo in on air contests, the kind which entices ‘housewives’ like her to participate. The prizes attract housewives with exciting offers of kitchen ware and varied household appliances.
Sulochana as the protagonist, portrays the everyday married woman. She is the ultimate fighter and even while she figures out her passion, she manages to balance her work life and family life with extreme ease. Vidya Balan is not just ‘Tumhari Sulu’, but ‘Hamari Sulu’ in every way possible! With her full belied laugh and heart warming innocence, Vidya as Sulu, does wonders on the silver screen. Wit and quirky anecdotes are part and parcel of Sulu’s character, making everyone fall in love with her right from the beginning.
Equally wonderful is Manav Kaul, who plays the role of Sulu’s husband. He wants to support Sulu but is conflicted with his own views of what he expects an ideal married life to be. However, there is a silver lining for both Sulu and her husband, each getting a happily ever after at the end. It is not just the leads who add a touch of beauty to the movie, but the entire supporting cast. The whole radio station set up (the studio, the casual camaraderie) is spot on, as are the people with whom Sulu interacts: boss woman Maria (Dhupia,) and the slightly jealous producer (Maurya.)
Despite Tumhari Sulu having a rocky beginning, the second half is entertaining and holds your attention until the very end. However, while the over all feel is amazing, there are glaring holes which cannot be ignored. The husband’s insecurities are addressed too quickly and barring one lovely remake of Hawa Hawaii from Mr. India, the songs are superfluous and basic. Over all, Tumhari Sulu seems repetitive and the 140 minutes long movie could easily be reduced by 15 to 20 minutes.
The film, however, makes up for its flaws with continuous comic relief and relatable characters. I, for one, am glad a movie like this has been made at a time where the dark side of the moon is portrayed stronger than the bright side of the sun! Directed by Suresh Triveni, Tumhari Sulu also stars Neha Dhupia, Vijay Maurya and Malishka Mendonsa.
102 Not Out First Look Out And It Is All Things Quirky!
102 Not Out, the much awaited movie starring Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi Kapoor, just dropped and it looks all things exciting.
The movie is going to see Amitabh playing the role of the 102 year old father, while Rishi Kapoor plays the role of the 75 year old son! Check out the poster here.
Based on a Gujarati play written by Saumya Joshi, 102 Not Out will also see Amitabh Bachchan sing a rap song for the very first time! Directed by Umesh Shukla, this movie is scheduled to hit the screens on 4 May, 2018.
10 best Bollywood songs remakes.
Although, Bollywood movies have been trying to add originality to their content, they still try to revisit the classical hits of days gone by. These old songs have a certain charm that keeps us listening to them time and again. Today, they have been remade to entertain the choices of the younger generation.
Here are the top 10 best Bollywood songs remakes.
1. Tamma Tamma again
2. Humma Humma
3. Tu Cheez Badi Hai
4. Laila Main Laila
5. Tan Tana Tan
6. Dheere Dheere Se
7. Hawa Hawai
8. Maine Tujhko Dekha
9. Aate Jaate
10. O Meri Mehebooba
So, guys these are the top 10 remakes of our old classic songs. Do comment and let us know what are your favourite songs.
Missing Movie First Look Out!
Tabu, known for doing out of the box and real roles, is back on the silver screen with a brand new movie Missing. Directed by Mukul Abhyankar, this movie is a psychological thriller.
The makers just dropped the first look for this movie and going by things, the movie is going to be quite an interesting one. Check out the first look here.
Tabu. Manoj Bajpayee. Annu Kapoor… First look poster of psychological thriller #Missing… Mukul Abhyankar directs… Presented by Abundantia and Neeraj Pandey with Sri Adhikari Brothers, Anand Pandit Motion Pictures and Manoj Bajpayee Productions… 6 April 2018 release. pic.twitter.com/IjQoL8THuL
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) March 23, 2018
Presented by Abundantia and Neeraj Pandey, this movie is being co produced by Sri Adhikari Brothers, Motion Pictures and Manoj Bajpayee Productions. Apart from Tabu, Missing also stars Manoj Bajpayee and Annu Kapoor in key roles and is scheduled to hit the screens on 6 April, 2018!
- 102 Not Out First Look Out And It Is All Things Quirky!
- 10 best Bollywood songs remakes.
- Missing Movie First Look Out!
- Baa Baaa Black Sheep Movie Review And First Day Box Office Expectations
- Hichki Movie Review And First Day Box Office Expectations
- Top Five Bollywood Iconic Villain Lines
- Karan Singh Grover’s facts you did not know.
- Daisy Shah Look Out For Race 3!
- Blackmail Song, Bewafa Beauty, Is Out! Listen Here
- Hichki: Reasons To Watch!
- Ayushmann Khurrana Rare And Unseen Pictures
- On Rani Mukherjee’s Birthday, Here Is Looking At Her Top Five Women Oriented Movies
- Theherja, The First Song From October Is Seeped In Nature And Melody
- Total Dhamaal Promises To Be Another Laughter Riot
- Manmarziyan First Look Out And It Looks Promising
- Bollywood Babies Rocking 2018
- 5 Bollywood movies inspired from the South.
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety Enters The 100 Crores Club
- Jacqueline Fernandez Fails To Be The Madhuri Dixit We Are Used To
- Shriya Saran Ties The Knot!
- Varun Dhawan Rare And Unknown Facts
- Sara Ali Khan Confirmed For Simmba!
- Katrina Kaif Rare And Unseen Pictures
- October Theme Song Out On Public Demand!
- Madhuri Dixit Replaces Sridevi In Shiddat
- S S Rajamouli Mahabharata Imaginery Character Sketches: See Pics
- Megastar Chiranjeevi Film Khaidi No.150 Beats Dangal Records
- S S Rajamouli Breaks Silence On Madhuri Dixit And Surya Being Part Of Baahubali 2
- Sunny Leone Gives A SOLID Reply To RGV On His Shameless Tweets: Watch Video
- Shocking! Salman Khan Worried About Prabhas Baahubali 2
- Baahubali filmmaker SS Rajmouli Next Is Trilogy Based On Mahabharata!
- Rajamouli’s Mahabharatha To Star 3 Big Superstars From Different Industries
- Indian Celebrities WhatsApp Conversation On Khaidi No150
- Kangana Ranaut Opens Up About Her Fight With Prabhas
- Dangal Box Office Collections | 42 Days Collections