A major fire broke out at Annapurna Studios in Hyderabad, early evening, Yesterday. Annapurna Studios is owned by the Akkineni family. The Telugu movie Manam, which starred three generations of the Akkineni family, was filmed here. This fire destroyed the entire set, which was treasured because it was the place where Akkineni Nageswara Rao (ANR) performed for the last time. Built on 22 acres of land, Annapurna Studios is one of the oldest and well equipped film studios, established in the name of Akkineni Annapurna, wife of Akkineni Nageswara Rao.
It was such a large conflagration that it took five fire tenders to put it out. When the fire broke out, there were several movies and T.V., shows being filmed. Reports reveal, sets built for the Megastar Chiranjeevi’s Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy were also destroyed, along with the house built for Manam.
Nagarjuna Akkineni present at the studios, spoke to the media saying he was astounded by what happened and felt it was unfortunate to lose the last memories of his father. Nagarjuna’s younger son, Akhil Akkineni, tweeted about the incident. So far, fortunately, no casualties have been reported.
Unfortunately there was a fire accident in Annapurna studios this evening. Fortunately it was contained and no one was injured. Thank god
— Akhil Akkineni (@AkhilAkkineni8) November 13, 2017
Omerta Second Trailer Is Bone Chilling
Omerta, the latest offering from Rajkummar Rao and Hansal Mehta, is making the rounds for all the right reasons. The first trailer for the film dropped a while ago and while it was all things scary, the new trailer which just hit the internet is bone chilling.
— Rajkummar Rao (@RajkummarRao) April 23, 2018
If you thought the first trailer was enough to not let the kids sleep at night, then the second one keeps the adults up. The almost three minute long trailer opens with a shot of Rajkummar as Omar Saeed Shaikh torturing an individual. “You are conspiring to destroy the world, but I won’t let that happen,” he says. Afterwards, there is a montage of shots of the World Trade Centre collapsing, followed by other quick shots of crimes Shaikh has committed. Watch the trailer here.
Omerta is based on the life of British terrorist Omar Saeed Shaikh, who was responsible for the attacks on the Twin Towers, the 2002 kidnapping and murder of journalist Daniel Pearl in Pakistan, and the 2008 Mumbai attacks, among other heinous crimes. Already screened at a number of film festivals across the world, the film has gotten raving reviews already. Earlier scheduled to hit the screens on 20 April, 2018, Omerta is now going to hit the screens on 11 May, 2018.
Satyajit Ray: Remembering Him 26 Years After His Death
Filmmaker Satyajit Ray not only paved the way for a different portrayal of Indian Cinema but was also remembered as an inspiration to directors over the years. His films were so famous that even Christopher Nolan has gone on record to say Pather Panchali is perhaps the finest film ever made. On the occasion of his 26th death anniversary, here’s looking at some of his old and rare pictures which perfectly capture his essence!
Shahid Kapoor Gets Award For Excellence In Padmaavat
Shahid Kapoor on Saturday was awarded the Dadasaheb Phalke Award for Excellence (Best Actor) for his brilliant acting in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s period drama, Padmaavat.
Accepting the award, Shahid dedicated the win to his wife, Mira Rajput. Talking about the award he won on Saturday, Shahid said, “This is my first award for Padmaavat this year, so I am really very happy and I would like to dedicate this award to my wife, Mira because she tolerated me for a year during this period and without her I wouldn’t have been able to do this film. So I am very thankful to her.”
Parmanu Controversy Turns Uglier
Bollywood films have had a huge tug of war with release dates ever since the Padmaavat Controversy. While some movies are looking at releasing on a different date to avoid clashes, others have their release issues due to creative differences.
The current scenario between John Abraham and KriArj Entertainment’s Prernaa Arora over their film Parmanu – The Story of Pokhran is quite ugly. John Abraham took the legal route and filed separate complaints about cheating, breach of trust, defamation and offences under the Information Technology Act. Parmanu has been delayed a lot since December and after debating on several dates, the producers have now come to the terms to release the film on 28 May, 2018.
According to the recent reports, the legal notice was sent to KriArj Entertainment, Essel Vision, John Abraham’s JA Entertainment and Vashu Bhagnani’s Pooja Entertainment by Delhi based firm on behalf of Gothic Entertainment. The report claims that the production had paid a sum of Rs 12.25 crore for multiple films production including Parmanu – The Story of Pokhran. As the producers Prernaa and John were fighting over monetary issues in Bombay High Court, this production company’s name never popped up.
Directed by Abhishek Sharma, Parmanu – The Story of Pokhran stars John Abraham, Diana Penty and Boman Irani, the film is an ode to the Indian army and scientists, who although ordinary people, truly accomplished extraordinary feats in the face of adversity. It salutes, celebrates and truly embraces the slogan: Jai Jawan Jai Vigyan. While the premise of the film is based on true events, the characters are fictitious.
Namaste England Release Date Preponed!
Thanks to the smooth shooting schedule of Parineeti Chopra’s and Arjun Kapoor’s next film, Nameste England, the makers have decided to prepone the release date from 7 December 2018 to 19 October! The team of the sequel to Namaste London have been filming in never seen before locations of Punjab and recently wrapped up their last shooting schedule.
— Parineeti Chopra (@ParineetiChopra) April 21, 2018
The film traces the journey of two young individuals from Punjab to England. Arjun and Parineeti are all set to reunite after their debut film, Ishaqzaade. Apart from Namaste England, Arjun Kapoor and Parineeti Chopra are also going to be seen in movies DibakarBanerjee’s romantic thriller, Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar which will release on 3 August, 2018.
- Omerta Second Trailer Is Bone Chilling
- Satyajit Ray: Remembering Him 26 Years After His Death
- Meri Nimmo Explores A New Side Of Love
- Bollywood Celebrities You Didn’t Know Were Related
- Shahid Kapoor Gets Award For Excellence In Padmaavat
- Parmanu Controversy Turns Uglier
- Namaste England Release Date Preponed!
- Bollywood Couples Too Cute To Handle
- Salman Khan’s Bail Gets Rescinded In Hit And Run Case
- Love Is In The Air. Milind Soman To Get Married
- Bollywood’s Mama’s Boys!
- Sanjay Dutt Biopic Teaser NOT To Release On 24 April
- Ishaan Khattar Unknown Facts And Unseen Images
- Shahid Kapoor And Mira Rajput Announce The Birth Of Baby Number 2!
- Irrfan Khan’s Puzzle Trailer Out. Watch Here!
- Abhishek Bachchan And Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: Happy Wedding Anniversary!
- Nanu Ki Jaanu Movie Review
- Beyond The Clouds Movie Review
- Tusshar Kapoor And Ekta Kapoor: Unseen Pictures
- A Brand New Muqabala From Beyond The Clouds!
- Badumbaaa: The Latest Song From 102 Not Out Is Way Too Cute For Words
- Omerta Release Date Pushed!
- Omerta: Three Reasons To Watch
- Bhavesh Joshi Superhero Teaser Out. Watch Here!
- Ae Watan, The First Song From Raazi, Just Released And Its Beautiful!
- S S Rajamouli Mahabharata Imaginery Character Sketches: See Pics
- Megastar Chiranjeevi Film Khaidi No.150 Beats Dangal Records
- S S Rajamouli Breaks Silence On Madhuri Dixit And Surya Being Part Of Baahubali 2
- Sunny Leone Gives A SOLID Reply To RGV On His Shameless Tweets: Watch Video
- Shocking! Salman Khan Worried About Prabhas Baahubali 2
- Baahubali filmmaker SS Rajmouli Next Is Trilogy Based On Mahabharata!
- Rajamouli’s Mahabharatha To Star 3 Big Superstars From Different Industries
- Indian Celebrities WhatsApp Conversation On Khaidi No150
- Kangana Ranaut Opens Up About Her Fight With Prabhas
- Dangal Box Office Collections | 42 Days Collections