It’s the weekend and we all have plans. For those of you who feel like you haven’t watched a good movie in a while, today we give you a list of movies that are not just brilliant, but also critically acclaimed.
Directed by the maker of Margerita With A Straw, Amu revolves around Konkana Sen Sharma‘s character. The actress plays the character of a woman who, once she finds out she’s adopted, leaves her sheltered life in the US. She comes to India to find out the truth about her real parents. The movie is set during the riots that followed after Indira Gandhi’s assassination. The movie also won the Best Feature Film in English Award in 2005! Get ready to get your socks blown off!
Rahul Dholakia has been acknowledged country wide for directing some of the most outstanding movies yet. Parzania, featuring Naseruddin Shah and Sarika, is set in the grim backdrop of the 2002 Gujurat Riots. The movie is based on the real life story of a young Parsi boy who was captured and tortured during the riots. This riveting movie is a true tale on how things went so horribly wrong during the riots. This is one film that you can’t afford to miss.
3) Rang Raasiya
This particular film has fought all the barriers of everything that is wrong with the Indian Censor Board. If you are tired of everything being censored, then this is one movie that you MUST watch. Rang Raasiya, directed by Ketan Mehta, talks about everything that’s real and breathtakingly true in the Indian society.
4) I Am Kalam
Nila Madhab Panda shot to fame with this very endearing film. His story on the then Indian President, Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, caught the eyes of adoring fans all over the country. This particular film received critical acclaim and won awards not just at the Cannes Film Festival, but at several prestigious film awards all over the world.
Manish Jha’s Matroobhimi will hit you in the guts. It’s a hard hitting story that centers around infant feticide, gender equality and a future distopia. The movie brings to light issues that would have otherwise been left ignored or unanswered.
How many times have we heard of these movies or wanted to watch them? These movies just happen to slip our attention completely. With the rains hitting us hard this weekend, it’s time to soak in the glorious side of Indian cinema and binge watch these five amazing movies!
Kangana Ranaut: Happy Birthday Through Five Iconic Roles
Kangana Ranaut’s movies are always the right blend of strength, emotion and Bollywood drama. We love her no matter what role she plays. On her birthday, however, as she turns a year older and wiser, we take a look at five of her best movies which make her the undisputed Queen of Bollywood Today.
Known for breaking stereotypes, this Madhur Bhandarkar movie proved beyond doubt that Kangana can play any role she wants. With extreme ease, I might add. Addled with drugs, alcohol and all forms of substance abuse, Kangana won the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress when she portrayed the role of a troubled supermodel in this movie.
2. Tanu Weds Manu 2
The role of the brash, loud mouthed Tanu in this movie seemed to be written to describe Kangana’s character. Even though she messed up quite a lot throughout the movie, she won everyone over with her endearing nature and affectionate behaviour.
3. Once Upon A Time Mumbaii
Although her role in this movie was not a big one, Kangana impressed us all by playing the stunning Bollywood actress Rehana who was also the love interest of one of Mumbai’s most powerful and respected underworld criminal, Sultan Mirza.
Queen is perhaps Kangana’s most critically acclaimed movie to date. Playing the role of a small time girl, Rani, Kangana shows us love is not the end of everything nor is it the beginning of a happily ever after. A coming of age movie, Queen proves to us that life is about learning to be alone and then learning to be with another.
5. Life In A Metro
Although this movie consisted of an ensemble cast, Kangana’s roles stood out the most. She plays the role of a secretary who is wronged by her married boss and the way she pulls of her role, one could only watch her performance in silent awe.
Kangana Ranaut has proved to us time and again that just because our life is riddled with controversies, performance needs to take a back seat. We, at mango Bollywood, like to wish her a very Happy Birthday and hope she has all she wants from life!
102 Not Out First Look Out And It Is All Things Quirky!
102 Not Out, the much awaited movie starring Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi Kapoor, just dropped and it looks all things exciting.
The movie is going to see Amitabh playing the role of the 102 year old father, while Rishi Kapoor plays the role of the 75 year old son! Check out the poster here.
Based on a Gujarati play written by Saumya Joshi, 102 Not Out will also see Amitabh Bachchan sing a rap song for the very first time! Directed by Umesh Shukla, this movie is scheduled to hit the screens on 4 May, 2018.
10 best Bollywood songs remakes.
Although, Bollywood movies have been trying to add originality to their content, they still try to revisit the classical hits of days gone by. These old songs have a certain charm that keeps us listening to them time and again. Today, they have been remade to entertain the choices of the younger generation.
Here are the top 10 best Bollywood songs remakes.
1. Tamma Tamma again
2. Humma Humma
3. Tu Cheez Badi Hai
4. Laila Main Laila
5. Tan Tana Tan
6. Dheere Dheere Se
7. Hawa Hawai
8. Maine Tujhko Dekha
9. Aate Jaate
10. O Meri Mehebooba
So, guys these are the top 10 remakes of our old classic songs. Do comment and let us know what are your favourite songs.
- Missing Trailer Is Out And Tabu Knows What Worried Looks Like!
- Kangana Ranaut: Happy Birthday Through Five Iconic Roles
- 102 Not Out First Look Out And It Is All Things Quirky!
- 10 best Bollywood songs remakes.
- Missing Movie First Look Out!
- Baa Baaa Black Sheep Movie Review And First Day Box Office Expectations
- Hichki Movie Review And First Day Box Office Expectations
- Top Five Bollywood Iconic Villain Lines
- Karan Singh Grover’s facts you did not know.
- Daisy Shah Look Out For Race 3!
- Blackmail Song, Bewafa Beauty, Is Out! Listen Here
- Hichki: Reasons To Watch!
- Ayushmann Khurrana Rare And Unseen Pictures
- On Rani Mukherjee’s Birthday, Here Is Looking At Her Top Five Women Oriented Movies
- Theherja, The First Song From October Is Seeped In Nature And Melody
- Total Dhamaal Promises To Be Another Laughter Riot
- Manmarziyan First Look Out And It Looks Promising
- Bollywood Babies Rocking 2018
- 5 Bollywood movies inspired from the South.
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety Enters The 100 Crores Club
- Jacqueline Fernandez Fails To Be The Madhuri Dixit We Are Used To
- Shriya Saran Ties The Knot!
- Varun Dhawan Rare And Unknown Facts
- Sara Ali Khan Confirmed For Simmba!
- Katrina Kaif Rare And Unseen Pictures
- S S Rajamouli Mahabharata Imaginery Character Sketches: See Pics
- Megastar Chiranjeevi Film Khaidi No.150 Beats Dangal Records
- S S Rajamouli Breaks Silence On Madhuri Dixit And Surya Being Part Of Baahubali 2
- Sunny Leone Gives A SOLID Reply To RGV On His Shameless Tweets: Watch Video
- Shocking! Salman Khan Worried About Prabhas Baahubali 2
- Baahubali filmmaker SS Rajmouli Next Is Trilogy Based On Mahabharata!
- Rajamouli’s Mahabharatha To Star 3 Big Superstars From Different Industries
- Indian Celebrities WhatsApp Conversation On Khaidi No150
- Kangana Ranaut Opens Up About Her Fight With Prabhas
- Dangal Box Office Collections | 42 Days Collections