Hindi Medium is a comedy-drama written by Zeenat Lakhani and Saket Chaudhary. Hindi Medium is directed by Saket Chaudhary and the lead cast is Irrfan Khan and Saba Qamar.
Cast & Crew
Director: Saket Chaudhary
Cast: Irrfan Khan, Saba Qamar, Deepak Dobriyal
Duration: 2h 12m
Story: This story is of Raj Batra (Irfan) and Meeta (Saba Qamar.) Both are married and own a clothes shop in Delhi. Raj is rich but his only problem is he can’t speak English. Because of this, Meeta has been troubled repeatedly and wants her daughter Piya to be in an English medium school. First of all, this couple shifts from Chandni Chowk to High Society Vasant Vihar and starts looking for admissions for their daughter, but during the parent’s interview process, couple fails. After all, they have the option of getting the admission through a poor quota. For which this family becomes poor, where they meet Shyam (Deepak Dobriyal) and his family. The twist comes in the story here and what happens to the end of the story can only be known after watching Hindi Medium.
Movie review: Irrfan Khan once again proved why he is called a complete actor. Irfan performed very well the character of a father and husband. Saba Qamar did not let it appear at all that this is her first Hindi movie. Deepak Dobriyal has done a fairly intense and excellent performance and has presented different acting styles. The work of all the other artists is good.
The film’s direction is very good and shooting is almost done at real locations. Cinematography and drone camera shots are also excellent. Saket Chaudhary’s career is also going to be the best with this movie. The story of the film is quite simple but with the comedy elements his work has been shown very well. There are many moments in the movie you will remember till the end like, Deepak Dobriyal’s mosquito and landlord scenes, Saba’s waste water filling scene, Piya’s Jerry Sena, Irfan’s last and periodically comic-serious scenes. In a way this comedy drama is particularly designed to curb the debate for Hindi-English.
The music and background score of the film is good and runs along with the story. The Sachin–Jigar duo has given good music and Amar Mohile has composed a great background score.
- Director puts his message across in the movie
- Irrfan Khan and Saba Qamar put up a terrific show
- Dialogues delivered by Irrfan
- Saba Qamar surprises with a very effective performance
- the screenplay is very convenient and has a lot of loopholes
- the climax was a bit stretched
Watch the trailer right here:
Final verdict: This film can be seen with the whole family.
102 Not Out First Look Out And It Is All Things Quirky!
102 Not Out, the much awaited movie starring Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi Kapoor, just dropped and it looks all things exciting.
The movie is going to see Amitabh playing the role of the 102 year old father, while Rishi Kapoor plays the role of the 75 year old son! Check out the poster here.
Based on a Gujarati play written by Saumya Joshi, 102 Not Out will also see Amitabh Bachchan sing a rap song for the very first time! Directed by Umesh Shukla, this movie is scheduled to hit the screens on 4 May, 2018.
Baa Baaa Black Sheep Movie Review And First Day Box Office Expectations
Baa Baaa Black Sheep Cast: Manjari Phadnis, Manish Paul, Kay Kay Menon, Anupam Kher, Annu Kapoor
Baa Baaa Black Sheep Director: Vishwaas Paandya
Baa Baaa Black Sheep mango Bollywood Rating: 2.5 on 5 stars
Director Vishwaas Paandya made his Bollywood directorial debut with this movie. With a strong ensemble cast consisting of talented actors like Anupam Kher, Manjari Phadnis and Kay Kay Menon, one would have expected a quirkily titled movie as this to make a big splash.
However, the film opens with Vishwaas Paandya saying this movie was a tribute to all the films he watched growing up. Unfortunately, within the first few moments of the film, one wonders what his childhood consisted. Balbir Sharma aka baba (Manish Paul), discovers on his 25th birthday that his father Charudutt Sharma (Anupam Kher), a timid cashew dealer in Goa, has been moonlighting as a contract killer Charlie, for years! The two soon get tangled in a chain of events that involve a cop, a fraud art dealer and a few bad guys (also bad actors.)
While the plot seems to be a new one, what does not work for this movie is the songs, the cliched dialogues and the tired action sequences. Manish Paul takes himself way too seriously as the protagonist. Anupam Kher tries a little too hard to fit into a role not made for him and Kay Kay Menon just does not seem to have it in him to act for this movie.
There are twists and turns that have a logical ending. However, the story falls flat because it looks like the cast, as well as the director, do not want to put in the required amount of effort into the movie. Manjari Phadnis does a good job, but is all in all forgettable.
What hurts the heart the most here is to see talented actors like Anupam Kher and Kay Kay Menon be a part of a movie as trivial as this. Watch if you need a break from the daily grind and if you can take reality with more than a pinch of salt. Baa Baaa Black Sheep is expected to get around Rs. 1 crores at the box office on its first day.
Hichki Movie Review And First Day Box Office Expectations
Hichki Cast: Rani Mukerji, Supriya Pilgaonkar, Asif Basra, Shivkumar Subramaniam
Hickhi Director: Siddharth P. Malhotra
Hichki mango Bollywood Rating: 4 on 5 stars
Rani Mukerji is definitely back with a bang with Hichki. A movie about a teacher affected by Tourette Syndrome. Rani essays the role to perfection as Naina Mathur. Naina is plagued with uncontrollable hiccups, a disorder which prevents her from following her dream of being a teacher.
While Naina makes her peace with this, people around are not ready to look beyond her one flaw. Hichki begins with Mukerji character’s hunt for a job. After five years of rigorous looking, Naina finally lands a job as an English teacher at a Catholic school whose naming founder St Notker had a speech impediment.
The coincidence felt contrived, but more on that later. She’s is hired to teach 9F, a classroom of underprivileged rebels or according to society, “failures” in this posh school. The school and its snobbish teachers seem to have written them off as the children of slum dwellers who do not deserve a fighting chance. Mathur is on call to school these incorrigible teenagers.
The first half is dominated by Naina’s attempts at winning over the class of unruly children through her grit and perseverance. The characterisation is spot on, the acting is flawless. While all these factors act as positives, the twists and turns seem a tad bit forced and overdrawn.
While Hichki is intent on communicating life affirming philosophies such as ‘there are no bad students, but just bad teachers’ and ‘conquer your fear and fly free,’ there were moments in this drama which are very Bollywood. All in all, if you have a recurring itch where you are looking for a movie with meaning and intent, then these ‘hiccups’ in Hichki can very easily be ignored. Definitely a Rani Mukerji film through and through. Worth a watch, this one!
- Remembering Five Iconic Kangana Ranaut Roles On Her Birthday!
- 102 Not Out First Look Out And It Is All Things Quirky!
- 10 best Bollywood songs remakes.
- Missing Movie First Look Out!
- Baa Baaa Black Sheep Movie Review And First Day Box Office Expectations
- Hichki Movie Review And First Day Box Office Expectations
- Top Five Bollywood Iconic Villain Lines
- Karan Singh Grover’s facts you did not know.
- Daisy Shah Look Out For Race 3!
- Blackmail Song, Bewafa Beauty, Is Out! Listen Here
- Hichki: Reasons To Watch!
- Ayushmann Khurrana Rare And Unseen Pictures
- On Rani Mukherjee’s Birthday, Here Is Looking At Her Top Five Women Oriented Movies
- Theherja, The First Song From October Is Seeped In Nature And Melody
- Total Dhamaal Promises To Be Another Laughter Riot
- Manmarziyan First Look Out And It Looks Promising
- Bollywood Babies Rocking 2018
- 5 Bollywood movies inspired from the South.
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety Enters The 100 Crores Club
- Jacqueline Fernandez Fails To Be The Madhuri Dixit We Are Used To
- Shriya Saran Ties The Knot!
- Varun Dhawan Rare And Unknown Facts
- Sara Ali Khan Confirmed For Simmba!
- Katrina Kaif Rare And Unseen Pictures
- October Theme Song Out On Public Demand!
- S S Rajamouli Mahabharata Imaginery Character Sketches: See Pics
- Megastar Chiranjeevi Film Khaidi No.150 Beats Dangal Records
- S S Rajamouli Breaks Silence On Madhuri Dixit And Surya Being Part Of Baahubali 2
- Sunny Leone Gives A SOLID Reply To RGV On His Shameless Tweets: Watch Video
- Shocking! Salman Khan Worried About Prabhas Baahubali 2
- Baahubali filmmaker SS Rajmouli Next Is Trilogy Based On Mahabharata!
- Rajamouli’s Mahabharatha To Star 3 Big Superstars From Different Industries
- Indian Celebrities WhatsApp Conversation On Khaidi No150
- Kangana Ranaut Opens Up About Her Fight With Prabhas
- Dangal Box Office Collections | 42 Days Collections