Half Girlfriend is an Indian romantic drama movie directed by Mohit Suri. The movie is based on the book “Half Girlfriend” written by Chetan Bhagat. The screenplay of the film is written by Tushar Hiranandani and, starring Arjun Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor.
Cast & Crew
Director: Mohit Suri
Cast: Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor, Rhea Chakraborty
Duration: 2h 15m
Story: This story is about Madhav Jha (Arjun Kapoor) from a small village in Bihar, who joins the Delhi University in Sports Quote. Here he meets Riya Somani (Shraddha Kapoor). Both of them got a good contact by Basketball as both are Basketball players. Madhav’s heart comes on Riya, who lives in Delhi, but Riya does not love her. However, she becomes half-girlfriend of Madhav. There are differences between the two for some reasons. After this, the story goes to Bihar and London. In Madhav’s love story, Shailesh (Vikrant Massi), his friend is also an important contributor. Now, will Madhava and Riya’s love story be fulfilled? For this, you have to watch the film.
Arjun Kapoor’s work is comfortable and he is fit to play Madhava. Their point of talking is also good. Looking at the work of actor Vikrant Mussi, who was touted as Arjun’s friend, it can be said that he will get more projects in the future. Shraddha Kapoor’s work is also good and the rest of the cast also done their full contribution to the movie.
The film’s direction is good. Locations are also amazing. Cinematography, camera work is also great. The story of the film is quite predictable and weak, which progresses in such a way that it starts boredom. Earlier, Chetan Bhagat’s novels have been transformed into films, but this film has not been able to make that level. The kind of cinema that was waiting was not found. As an audience, Jai has been asking the same question about what is the purpose behind creating such a film, in which the purpose of the activities of the actress is not understood. Someone is moving away from the family so nobody loves it Nobody is ready to tell the reason. The music is not that excellent.
- Arjun Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor chemistry is the heart and soul of this film
- First half was good
- Music is the best thing and added advantage for the film
- Second half lack of pace
- Poor screenplay
- Fast story narration
- Arjun and Shraddha failed to lift the speed of this slow story
- Arjun’s Bihari accent
Watch the movie review right here:
Final Verdict: If you ar a big fan of Arjun and Shraddha, you can try once.
102 Not Out First Look Out And It Is All Things Quirky!
102 Not Out, the much awaited movie starring Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi Kapoor, just dropped and it looks all things exciting.
The movie is going to see Amitabh playing the role of the 102 year old father, while Rishi Kapoor plays the role of the 75 year old son! Check out the poster here.
Based on a Gujarati play written by Saumya Joshi, 102 Not Out will also see Amitabh Bachchan sing a rap song for the very first time! Directed by Umesh Shukla, this movie is scheduled to hit the screens on 4 May, 2018.
Baa Baaa Black Sheep Movie Review And First Day Box Office Expectations
Baa Baaa Black Sheep Cast: Manjari Phadnis, Manish Paul, Kay Kay Menon, Anupam Kher, Annu Kapoor
Baa Baaa Black Sheep Director: Vishwaas Paandya
Baa Baaa Black Sheep mango Bollywood Rating: 2.5 on 5 stars
Director Vishwaas Paandya made his Bollywood directorial debut with this movie. With a strong ensemble cast consisting of talented actors like Anupam Kher, Manjari Phadnis and Kay Kay Menon, one would have expected a quirkily titled movie as this to make a big splash.
However, the film opens with Vishwaas Paandya saying this movie was a tribute to all the films he watched growing up. Unfortunately, within the first few moments of the film, one wonders what his childhood consisted. Balbir Sharma aka baba (Manish Paul), discovers on his 25th birthday that his father Charudutt Sharma (Anupam Kher), a timid cashew dealer in Goa, has been moonlighting as a contract killer Charlie, for years! The two soon get tangled in a chain of events that involve a cop, a fraud art dealer and a few bad guys (also bad actors.)
While the plot seems to be a new one, what does not work for this movie is the songs, the cliched dialogues and the tired action sequences. Manish Paul takes himself way too seriously as the protagonist. Anupam Kher tries a little too hard to fit into a role not made for him and Kay Kay Menon just does not seem to have it in him to act for this movie.
There are twists and turns that have a logical ending. However, the story falls flat because it looks like the cast, as well as the director, do not want to put in the required amount of effort into the movie. Manjari Phadnis does a good job, but is all in all forgettable.
What hurts the heart the most here is to see talented actors like Anupam Kher and Kay Kay Menon be a part of a movie as trivial as this. Watch if you need a break from the daily grind and if you can take reality with more than a pinch of salt. Baa Baaa Black Sheep is expected to get around Rs. 1 crores at the box office on its first day.
Hichki Movie Review And First Day Box Office Expectations
Hichki Cast: Rani Mukerji, Supriya Pilgaonkar, Asif Basra, Shivkumar Subramaniam
Hickhi Director: Siddharth P. Malhotra
Hichki mango Bollywood Rating: 4 on 5 stars
Rani Mukerji is definitely back with a bang with Hichki. A movie about a teacher affected by Tourette Syndrome. Rani essays the role to perfection as Naina Mathur. Naina is plagued with uncontrollable hiccups, a disorder which prevents her from following her dream of being a teacher.
While Naina makes her peace with this, people around are not ready to look beyond her one flaw. Hichki begins with Mukerji character’s hunt for a job. After five years of rigorous looking, Naina finally lands a job as an English teacher at a Catholic school whose naming founder St Notker had a speech impediment.
The coincidence felt contrived, but more on that later. She’s is hired to teach 9F, a classroom of underprivileged rebels or according to society, “failures” in this posh school. The school and its snobbish teachers seem to have written them off as the children of slum dwellers who do not deserve a fighting chance. Mathur is on call to school these incorrigible teenagers.
The first half is dominated by Naina’s attempts at winning over the class of unruly children through her grit and perseverance. The characterisation is spot on, the acting is flawless. While all these factors act as positives, the twists and turns seem a tad bit forced and overdrawn.
While Hichki is intent on communicating life affirming philosophies such as ‘there are no bad students, but just bad teachers’ and ‘conquer your fear and fly free,’ there were moments in this drama which are very Bollywood. All in all, if you have a recurring itch where you are looking for a movie with meaning and intent, then these ‘hiccups’ in Hichki can very easily be ignored. Definitely a Rani Mukerji film through and through. Worth a watch, this one!
- Remembering Five Iconic Kangana Ranaut Roles On Her Birthday!
- 102 Not Out First Look Out And It Is All Things Quirky!
- 10 best Bollywood songs remakes.
- Missing Movie First Look Out!
- Baa Baaa Black Sheep Movie Review And First Day Box Office Expectations
- Hichki Movie Review And First Day Box Office Expectations
- Top Five Bollywood Iconic Villain Lines
- Karan Singh Grover’s facts you did not know.
- Daisy Shah Look Out For Race 3!
- Blackmail Song, Bewafa Beauty, Is Out! Listen Here
- Hichki: Reasons To Watch!
- Ayushmann Khurrana Rare And Unseen Pictures
- On Rani Mukherjee’s Birthday, Here Is Looking At Her Top Five Women Oriented Movies
- Theherja, The First Song From October Is Seeped In Nature And Melody
- Total Dhamaal Promises To Be Another Laughter Riot
- Manmarziyan First Look Out And It Looks Promising
- Bollywood Babies Rocking 2018
- 5 Bollywood movies inspired from the South.
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety Enters The 100 Crores Club
- Jacqueline Fernandez Fails To Be The Madhuri Dixit We Are Used To
- Shriya Saran Ties The Knot!
- Varun Dhawan Rare And Unknown Facts
- Sara Ali Khan Confirmed For Simmba!
- Katrina Kaif Rare And Unseen Pictures
- October Theme Song Out On Public Demand!
- S S Rajamouli Mahabharata Imaginery Character Sketches: See Pics
- Megastar Chiranjeevi Film Khaidi No.150 Beats Dangal Records
- S S Rajamouli Breaks Silence On Madhuri Dixit And Surya Being Part Of Baahubali 2
- Sunny Leone Gives A SOLID Reply To RGV On His Shameless Tweets: Watch Video
- Shocking! Salman Khan Worried About Prabhas Baahubali 2
- Baahubali filmmaker SS Rajmouli Next Is Trilogy Based On Mahabharata!
- Rajamouli’s Mahabharatha To Star 3 Big Superstars From Different Industries
- Indian Celebrities WhatsApp Conversation On Khaidi No150
- Kangana Ranaut Opens Up About Her Fight With Prabhas
- Dangal Box Office Collections | 42 Days Collections