Amitabh Bachchan’s voice will be heard as a voice over in Vidya Balan’s next, which is the Srijit Mukherji directorial “Begum Jaan.” The film is set against the backdrop of Partition. It’s Bachchan who narrates the backdrop and the goings on during the Partition and where exactly the story of Begum Jaan begins.
This isn’t the first time Amitabh is heard lending his voice for Vidya’s project, he also sang a song in “Kahaani.”
The director said “Amitabh Bachchan’s voice has been used by Satyajit Ray in “Shatranj Ke Khiladi,” by Mrinal Sen in Bhuvan Shome and Ashutosh Gowariker in “Lagaan.” Needless to say, his voice has the finest baritone. I needed a voice to set the milieu of “Begum Jaan,” which is a period film. I think Bachchan’s voice defines history for a lot of generations, his voice has that epicness and an entire generation of cine-goers identify with his voice. It is the ideal way to start telling a story, especially for one that has a history.”
Well, it’s always special to hear that legendary baritone on the big screen. “Begum Jaan” will hit screens on 14th of April this year.
Jhund Teaser Released
Amitabh Bachchan, who is set to star in the movie Jhund, released the movie’s first look poster on his official Twitter handle yesterday and mentioned the release date would be confirmed today.
The actor once again put out a new tweet, which contains the teaser of the film and the release date. The movie is set to be released on May 8th, 2020. The teaser shows a group of kids marching towards Amitabh Bachchan, holding bricks, lathis and chains and ends with the date of release of the movie.
T 3417 – JHUND .. !! झुंड .. आ गया, आ गया .. !!https://t.co/EVMSSTFCi4@SrBachchan @Nagrajmanjule @itsBhushanKumar #KrishanKumar @vinodbhanu #RaajHiremath #SavitaRajHiremath #GargeeKulkarni #MeenuAroraa @AjayAtulOnline @tandavfilms @aatpaat @TSeries
— Amitabh Bachchan (@SrBachchan) January 21, 2020
Jhund is directed by Nagaraj Manjule and is based on the life of Vijay Barse and his organisation Slum Soccer. This organisation aims to uplift the lives of underprivileged kids from slums by organizing football matches.
Ajay Devgn Begins Shooting For Rajamouli’s RRR
Ajay Devgn, who acted in the recently released film Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior, is all set to join the cast of S.S. Rajamouli’s RRR and begin his shooting schedule. This movie also stars Jr. NTR and Ram Charan in the leading roles.
RRR is a fictional tale about Indian revolutionaries Alluri Sitarama Raju and Komaram Bheem, whose roles will be played by Ram Charan and Jr. NTR respectively. The movie also stars Alia Bhatt.
The official Twitter handle of the movie announced the arrival of Ajay Devgn to begin his shooting schedule by saying, “All of us are super charged and ecstatic to kickstart our schedule with @AjayDevgn ji today.. Welcome sir! (sic.)”
— RRR Movie (@RRRMovie) January 21, 2020
Ajay Devgn’s Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior is still running in theaters and became a runaway success. It crossed the Rs. 150 crore mark and is in its second week of screening.
Amitabh Bachchan Releases First Poster Of Jhund
Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan is all set to star in his next movie, Jhund, which is directed by Nagraj Manjule. Jhund is based on the life of Vijay Barse, who was the founder of the organization Slum Soccer. The organization, based out of Nagpur, aims to uplift the lives of underprivileged children in slums by organizing soccer matches.
Amitabh Bachchan will portray the role of Vijay Barse. The actor took to his official Twitter handle to announce the release of the first poster of the film Jhund.
T 3415 – JHUND … झुंड !! … JHUND … झुंड !!#Jhund@Nagrajmanjule
#KrishanKumar #RaajHiremath #SavitaRajHiremath #GargeeKulkarni #MeenuAroraa @AjayAtulOnline
— Amitabh Bachchan (@SrBachchan) 20 January 2020
Amitabh Bachchan also mentioned on his Twitter account the release date of Jhund will be revealed tomorrow. The actor was recently in the news for winning the Dadasaheb Phalke Award, India’s highest award in cinema.
Vijay Deverakonda To Make His Bollywood Debut With Fighter
South Indian star Vijay Deverakonda, who shot to fame with the cult classic Arjun Reddy, is all set to mark his entry into Bollywood. Arjun Reddy became so famous it spawned a remake in Bollywood (Kabir Singh) and in Tamil as Adithya Varma.
The actor is starring in a lead role in a film named Fighter, directed by Puri Jagannadh. The director is coming back from the success of his last movie, iSmart Shankar. Karan Johar is producing Fighter under his banner Dharma Productions, along with Charmme Kaur. Ananya Panday co stars opposite Vijay Deverakonda.
The movie began filming today in Mumbai and noted Bollywood critic Taran Adarsh took to Twitter to announce the news on his official handle.
IT’S OFFICIAL… Karan Johar and Puri Jagannadh join hands… Their first collaboration – starring #VijayDeverakonda – starts filming in #Mumbai today… Will release in #Hindi and all South Indian languages… Produced by Puri Jagannadh, Charmme Kaur, Karan Johar, Apoorva Mehta. pic.twitter.com/ktcfugABG1
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) January 20, 2020
Fighter marks an important milestone for Vijay Deverakonda as his talents are getting recognized and he will finally have the chance to showcase his skills to a pan Indian audience.
Vir Das and Preity Zinta To Guest Star in Fresh Off The Boat Series
Fresh Off The Boat is an American Sitcom series that airs on ABC network. The series follows the life of Taiwanese-American family in the 1990’s set in Florida. The series is loosely based on the life of chef and food personality Eddie huang.
Fresh Off The Boat has set a name for itself over the course of its five seasons as a series that primarily features Asian American families as the main characters. The series is about to get an Indian touch as Vir Das and Preity Zinta are set to deliver guest appearances.
Vir Das is an Indian stand up comedian and actor and Preity Zinta is a famous Bollywood actress. The particular episode which they will be appearing as guests on the show is said to be the premise for a spin off show Magic Motor Inn. Vir Das took to his official Instagram Handle to share a post with a caption that most likely is the date of airing of the episode.
View this post on Instagram
Fresh Off The Boat is currently in its sixth and final season. We can’t wait to see how our Indian stars charm the cast of Fresh Off The Boat!
- Jhund Teaser Released
- Ajay Devgn Begins Shooting For Rajamouli’s RRR
- Sushant Singh Rajput 34th Birthday – Best Films Of The Actor
- Amitabh Bachchan Releases First Poster Of Jhund
- Vijay Deverakonda To Make His Bollywood Debut With Fighter
- Vir Das and Preity Zinta To Guest Star in Fresh Off The Boat Series
- Aadya And Sitara Interview Superstar Mahesh Babu
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas Stars In New Jonas Brothers Song What A Man Gotta Do
- Love Aaj Kal Trailer Released
- Love Aaj Kal Sequel First Poster Released
- Sidharth Malhotra 35th Birthday – Shershaah Posters Unveiled
- Karan Johar Announces Next Film Mr. Lele
- Imran Khan 37th Birthday- Unknown Facts About The Actor
- ’83 – Character Poster Of The Little Master Released
- Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior Vs Chhapaak First Day Collections
- Kabhi Eid Kabhi Diwali – Salman Khan Announces His Next Project
- Hrithik Roshan 46th Birthday – Two Best Films Of The Actor
- Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior Movie Review
- Chhapaak Movie Review
- Saif Ali Khan Starrer Jawaani Jaaneman Trailer Released
- Farhan Akhtar 46th Birthday – Best Films Of The Actor
- Deepika Padukone Joins Students At JNU Protests
- Irrfan Khan 53rd Birthday – Angrezi Medium First Look Unveiled
- Shikara – Trailer Of Vidhu Vinod Chopra Directorial Return Released
- Malang Trailer Unleashed
- S S Rajamouli Mahabharata Imaginary Character Sketches: See Pics
- Megastar Chiranjeevi Film Khaidi No.150 Beats Dangal Records
- S S Rajamouli Breaks Silence On Madhuri Dixit And Surya Being Part Of Baahubali 2
- Sunny Leone Gives A SOLID Reply To RGV On His Shameless Tweets: Watch Video
- Shocking! Salman Khan Worried About Prabhas Baahubali 2
- Bollywood Remade Songs Through The Years
- Baahubali filmmaker SS Rajmouli Next Is Trilogy Based On Mahabharata!
- Rajamouli’s Mahabharatha To Star 3 Big Superstars From Different Industries
- O Meri Mehbooba Actress, Natasa Stankovic, Shimmers!
- Indian Celebrities WhatsApp Conversation On Khaidi No150