Sonam Kapoor Advocates Empowering Women Ahead Of Women’s Day
Sonam Kapoor is a notable Bollywood icon who is known for supporting social causes like breast cancer awareness and LGBTQ equality. Sonam Kapoor, in a recent post on Instagram advocated for women empowerment, with a picture from her latest photoshoot.
Sharing her thoughts in the post Sonam Kapoor says she cannot be the poor little rich girl anymore nor should she feel sorry for herself. Speaking more about empowerment, Sonam said she needs to make harder choices in order to pave the future way for women after her. That is the reason why her whole team consists of women and why she also voices the need to cut down thousands of years of deep rooted patriarchy.
View this post on Instagram
“You can’t just be the poor little rich girl or feel sorry for yourself – no. I have to make those harder choices and pave the way for other women after me. My whole team are women – and we need to lift each other up. There are thousands of years of patriarchy to cut through.” Read the full article by clicking the link in bio. For @harpersbazaararabia! Editor in Chief @oliviaphillipbazaar Photographer @ericguillemainphoto Fashion Director @anna_castan Jewellery @bulgari Dress @bazzaalzouman Make up @artinayar Hair @alpakhimani Set Designer: @styleisnecessity
In another post Sonam Kapoor posted “For me, female empowerment is very important, especially because I’m from a side of the world where women have always been second class citizens (sic.)”
View this post on Instagram
“For me, female empowerment is very important, especially because I’m from a side of the world where women have always been second-class citizens.” Read the full article by clicking the link in bio. For @harpersbazaararabia, The Heroine Issue, March 2020 Editor in Chief @oliviaphillipbazaar Photographer @ericguillemainphoto Fashion Director @anna_castan Jewellery @bulgari Dress @giambattistavalliparis Make up @artinayar Hair @alpakhimani Set Designer: @styleisnecessity
This post comes just a few days before the International Women’s Day, a day dedicated to celebrate womanhood all across the world.
Sonam Kapoor is well known for memorable supporting role performances in movies like Bhaag Milka Bhaag (2013,) Pad Man (2018,) and Veere Di Wedding (2018.) Sonam is perhaps well known for her role as Neerja Bhanot in the biopic Neerja (2016.) Sonam Kapoor was last seen in The Zoya Factor where she starred alongside Dulquer Salmaan.
Priyanka Chopra Jonas Set To Join Matrix 4
Priyanka Chopra Jonas established herself as a credible actress in Bollywood and is also steadily signing Hollywood films as well. The actress already appeared in Baywatch, A Kid Like Jake and Isn’t It Romantic?
Priyanka Chopra Jonas last appeared in the Bollywood movie The Sky Is Pink, which was a hit and earned positive reviews from critics. The actress will now reportedly join The Matrix franchise and will have a major role in The Matrix 4. Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss, who already starred in the previous three installments, will also be a part of The Matrix 4.
The Matrix franchise is a series of movies created and directed by Lana Wachowski and Lilly Wachowski. The series is about a world created by machines (viruses) which imprison mankind in virtual reality (The Matrix,) so they can be farmed as power sources. The franchise earned widespread acclaim owing to its storyline, characters and VFX.
Priyanka Chopra Jonas is also set to star in the television show Citadel opposite Richard Madden. Priyanka Chopra Jonas also recently completed shooting for Netflix’s The White Tiger, in which she will be seen alongside Rajkummar Rao.
On the other hand, The Matrix 4 is set to be released in 2021.
Dia Mirza Breaks Down At Jaipur Literature Festival
Jaipur Literature Festival is an annual literary festival which takes place in Jaipur. It is said to be the world’s largest free literary festival. Every year, eminent personalities attend the festival to speak about current affairs and political trends.
Actress Dia Mirza attended the event this year and was speaking about climate change. However, the actress broke down into tears in the middle of her speech. Upon being asked the reason for the tears, Dia Mirza said she was affected by the tragic demise of basketball legend Kobe Bryant, who passed away in a helicopter crash.
The actress delivered a message about the importance of being empathetic and said, “Don’t hold back from being an empath. Don’t be afraid of shedding your tears. Feel it, feel the full extent of everything. It’s good. It gives us strength. It does. And this is not a performance.”
When offered a tissue to wipe her tears, the actress refused by saying, “I don’t need paper.” This particular statement attracted trolls on Twitter, which compared her to a desi version of Greta Thunberg and pointed at how the actress did not mind attending the event in a petrol vehicle but refused tissues.
#WATCH Actor Dia Mirza breaks down while speaking at the ‘climate emergency’ session during Jaipur Literature Festival; she says, “Don’t hold back from being an empath”. (27.1.20) pic.twitter.com/fyAgH3giL9
— ANI (@ANI) January 28, 2020
This edition of Jaipur Literature Festival had Faye D’Souza, Javed Akhtar, Lisa Ray and Manish Malhotra, to name a few, as speakers.
Deepika Padukone Features In Louis Vuitton Pre Fall 2020 Campaign
Louis Vuitton is a brand which is flaunted by the wealthiest individuals on the planet. Wearing Louis Vuitton apparel is a style statement. It is an easily recognizable brand, thanks to its iconic initials ‘LV.’
The brand recently released its pre fall 2020 campaign and Deepika Padukone features in it. She stars alongside the likes of Game Of Thrones star Sophie Turner and American Horror Story star Emma Roberts.
This makes Deepika Padukone the first Bollywood star to feature in a global campaign by the iconic clothing brand and gives Deepika another unique accomplishment in her career. The Bollywood star took to her Twitter to share the news with everyone.
I am beyond thrilled to be joining the Louis Vuitton family!To be a part of Nicholas Ghesquière’s vision for the world’s most iconic brand is not only exciting but also very humbling!
— Deepika Padukone (@deepikapadukone) January 23, 2020
The actress recently received the Crystal Award at the World Economic Forum held in Davos for her contributions towards mental health awareness. She recently starred in the movie Chhapaak. Deepika Padukone will next star as Romila Devi, the wife of Indian cricketing legend Kapil Dev, in the movie ’83.
Deepika Padukone Speaks About Addressing Mental Health Issues At World Economic Forum
Deepika Padukone is one of the highest paid actresses in Bollywood right now, but the outspoken actress did not have an easy journey to the top. Deepika battled severe depression over the years and broke the silence about it after years when she finally overcame it. She was very vocal about the support of her colleague and husband Ranveer Singh in helping her overcome her depression.
Deepika Padukone also started The Live Love Laugh Foundation to help people suffering from stress, anxiety and depression. The actress once again spoke about the issue at the World Economic Forum (WEF,) which was held at Davos. WEF is “committed to improving the state of the world by engaging business, political, academic, and other leaders of society to shape global, regional, and industry agendas.”
The actress stressed on the importance of addressing mental health issues while building a more sustainable and inclusive world.
— World Economic Forum (@wef) January 20, 2020
Thank You @DrTedros for your warmth and generosity and we look to working together in our efforts to de-stigmatise mental illness and creating awareness regarding mental health.@TLLLFoundation @WHO https://t.co/hxxQlWAVPo
— Deepika Padukone (@deepikapadukone) January 21, 2020
Deepika Padukone recently acted in a film, Chhapaak, which is about an acid attack survivor and how she rebuilds her life and eventually finds love. The movie is based on the life of Laxmi Agarwal.
- Bollywood Loses One More Star As Sushanth Singh Rajput Commits Suicide
- Rishi Kapoor- A Remembrance Of Bollywood’s Heartthrob And Legend
- Irrfan Khan- An Ode To The Gentleman Actor
- Nishabdham Trailer – Madhavan Starrer Promises An Intense Thriller
- Hrithik Roshan Credits Ranveer Singh For Fashion Inspiration, Ranveer Responds
- Sonam Kapoor Advocates Empowering Women Ahead Of Women’s Day
- Shahid Kapoor: Happy Birthday To A Versatile Performer
- Sourav Ganguly Biopic: Karan Johar To Collaborate With Sourav Ganguly?
- Sooryavanshi 24×7 : Movie Achieves Unique Feat With Its Release Date
- Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan: A Beautiful And Fun Movie That Addresses Homosexuality
- Baaghi 3: Dus Bahane 2.0 Inspires Troll Fest
- Ananya Pandey To Join The Cast Of Fighter
- Mai Aur Meri Khwaishein – Simran Bagga Releases New Music Video
- Disha Patani Blown Away By Dus Bahane 2.0
- Malang Movie Review-Aditya Roy Kapur And Anil Kapoor Shine Brightly
- Simran Bagga To Give A Surprise On Valentine’s Day
- Dhoom 4 to Star Akshay Kumar?
- Tiger Shroff To Star In Baaghi 3
- Jackie Shroff Joins Cast Of Sooryavanshi
- Thappad Trailer Released – Taapsee Pannu Explores Issue Of Domestic Violence
- Vicky Kaushal Starrer Bhoot Part One: The Haunted Ship Teaser Out
- Taapsee Pannu Starrer Thappad First Look Poster Released
- Dhanush, Sara Ali Khan and Akshay Kumar To Star In Atrangi Re
- Maidaan First Look – Ajay Devgn As Football Coach
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas Set To Join Matrix 4
- S S Rajamouli Mahabharata Imaginary Character Sketches: See Pics
- O Meri Mehbooba Actress, Natasa Stankovic, Shimmers!
- Megastar Chiranjeevi Film Khaidi No.150 Beats Dangal Records
- S S Rajamouli Breaks Silence On Madhuri Dixit And Surya Being Part Of Baahubali 2
- Sunny Leone Gives A SOLID Reply To RGV On His Shameless Tweets: Watch Video
- Shocking! Salman Khan Worried About Prabhas Baahubali 2
- Bollywood Remade Songs Through The Years
- Rajamouli’s Mahabharatha To Star 3 Big Superstars From Different Industries
- Baahubali filmmaker SS Rajmouli Next Is Trilogy Based On Mahabharata!
- Indian Celebrities WhatsApp Conversation On Khaidi No150